Ward to keep out vampires

Re: Ward to keep out vampires

By the way' date=' I have just noticed that the OP had his answer found in Post Nr 12. So aside from talking about different Interpretions of the "Vampire can not enter"-fact, we can't do much more here :)[/quote']

You say that like it's a bad thing. How many threads actually ever stay on the rails around this place anyway?

A Mental based, "Telekinetik" barrier. Not attackable (except for dispel/drain) but hold the not so living out. To reproduce such an effect (especially since it would let her attacks trough, right?) may be impossible for this system.

This is more the stuff for a Plot Device, not an actuall player Power.

By the way, I have just noticed that the OP had his answer found in Post Nr 12. So aside from talking about different Interpretions of the "Vampire can not enter"-fact, we can't do much more here :)

But really. You quoted me and yet that wasn't my name there. Amusing.

Note that the need for vampires to drink blood is yet another 'geas' laid on them.

But a simple one: Dependence with Incompetent, Weakness and maybe Power Activation Roll.

If he is a hero, negative Reputation or Social Complication may be used adittionally. ("He drinks blood!")

@Manic: Sorry for that. Most likely used multi quote and then deleted the wrong quoute-start-tags. But I don't really remember it.

Buffy had an actual physical force that prevented entry. At last it appeared to work that way. It could have been the excellent mime skills of the actors involved' date=' but I remember at east two occasions when vampires stopped as if they hit a brick wall at the threshold.[/quote']

For what it is worth it seemed that "Souled" vampires could get past this sometimes (but bot always)

[All this chatter is probably going to hurt my future case, but... ]

From what I've heard, there's no better place to kill someone than in your own home. Seems lawyers figured that one out some time ago & now have a standard form for winning such cases.

So... according to reciprocal contiguity (which may be redundant... idk... I just made it up), which is an aspect of our shared contiguum (something else I just made up), not only do women & children possess the same capacity to kill w/in their own home (& get away with it legally), but everyone else does, too.

I suggest, at the very least, never entering a residence without being invited. And just to be safe, never cross bodies of running water (like rivers) as such things tend to be arbitrarily determined as boundaries between units of realty.

[All this chatter is probably going to hurt my future case' date= but... ]

From what I've heard, there's no better place to kill someone than in your own home. Seems lawyers figured that one out some time ago & now have a standard form for winning such cases.

So... according to reciprocal contiguity (which may be redundant... idk... I just made it up), which is an aspect of our shared contiguum (something else I just made up), not only do women & children possess the same capacity to kill w/in their own home (& get away with it legally), but everyone else does, too.

I suggest, at the very least, never entering a residence without being invited. And just to be safe, never cross bodies of running water (like rivers) as such things tend to be arbitrarily determined as boundaries between units of realty.

So, the writers of Vampire Novels/creators of the vampire mythos predicted the existense of lawyers? And the real evil in the storys where never the ones with "Special Dietary Requirements" but the guys who defeated them?

Now that is scary.

So' date=' the writers of Vampire Novels/creators of the vampire mythos [i']predicted[/i] the existense of lawyers? And the real evil in the storys where never the ones with "Special Dietary Requirements" but the guys who defeated them?

Now that is scary.

No.

The creators of the vampire "mythos" were themselves lawyers.

It was originally an act of co-self-re-creation... a ritual spell (meant to infuse lawyers with diety-hood)... that went horribly wrong.