Speedster Shutdown (5e)

CrosshairCollie

Mulling a character idea; short version, character is a 'running man' speedster who has a link to the Speed Zone, represented by an Endurance Reserve.

It occurs to me that his enhanced DEX and SPD should go away if his Endurance Reserve is tapped out, and they should probably be considered 'speed powers' for the sake of Drains and such. I'm not entirely certain how I should build that drawback. Thoughts?

Re: Speedster Shutdown (5e)

How about Hyper-mans approach of -1/4 lim. acts as elemental control for drains and such?

I was thinking that (essentially, that's 6e's 'Unified Power' limitation, as I understand it), but thought I'd fish for other ideas. Related note, how much of a limitation would 'End Reserve must not be empty' be worth? Probably not too much, since EndRevs tend to be pretty big.

Go simple. Purchase the character's DEX and SPD as powers with a Power Limitation: Only While END Reserve Has END.

This^. Or, have the (extra) DEX and SPD cost END that can only draw from the END Reserve and just subtract the END for SPD and DEX at the beginning of the turn for the full turn to reduce bookkeeping.

I don't think I would even use an End Reserve at all for this as you are essentially paying more points to help define a Limitation.

An easier approach might be to define in what cases the character would get to 'recharge' his speed powers (like Wally/Kid-Flash needing to eat constantly). It's usually such a rare situation that I'd be leery of of giving it anything beyond a -0 Limitation value (it was a plot point in last Young Justice episode I watched but this is the exception as it never came up to my knowledge in JL:Animated, which used the Wally West Flash). The situation of Kid-Flash from Young Justice is probably better modeled as a Physical Limitation of some sort