Healing without scars

Steve

Re: Healing without scars

If a character is able to heal without scars' date=' how would this be accomplished? My initial thought was it could be taken as a special effect of having Regeneration, maybe at the 1 Body per week level?[/quote']

I think a simple Perk could be enough to simulate that. Unless we are talking about scars on a level that could really eradicate String Apeereance, but they are GM-Discretion anyway.

As far as I can tell, most supers never get scars (unless the character development demands it), simply because it would interfere with the "a simple facemask is enough" concept.

If a character is able to heal without scars' date=' how would this be accomplished? My initial thought was it could be taken as a special effect of having Regeneration, maybe at the 1 Body per week level?[/quote']

Or any other power with a SFX healing that could be similar. Some power of healing that they could cast on themselves (as well as others) with the mention of also gets rid of scars personally but not on others. Life support long life / imortality etc may also do it but very slowly.

As mentioned heroes tend not to get scars. They only get them if it goes very wrong.

I now have searched the entire 6E1, 6E2, APG and Champions book. the word "scar" only is present when talking about Distincitve features.

There might be something in the Heroic Level Setting books, but overall this is a level of detail where it stops being relevant for even the smalest scale of Hero Characters.

So unless this has some relevance in your campiang, perhaps a simple 1 Points LS: Ever Scarless Body or just a side effect of having healing/regeneration.

Even if a super would get one, with super-science and assorting super plastic surgery and super plastic magic avalible, I doubt he keeps it long unless player and GM want to.

I agree with the "cosmetic/background", with one caveat. If, in your game, it is normal for characters to get scared by attacks at some level, it would be reasonable to put some price on the ability to avoid scarring. The cost would be commensurate with the benefit, so it might be a 1 point perk, or low level regeneration "only to remove scars".

In my games, characters don't get scarred under any mechanical system, so they don't need to pay points to avoid being scarred.

I was thinking mainly in terms of Heroic-level characters. In Dark Champions, characters could have scars from old bullet wounds, or Fantasy Hero characters could have scars from swords or arrows wounding them.

I was thinking mainly in terms of Heroic-level characters. In Dark Champions' date=' characters could have scars from old bullet wounds, or Fantasy Hero characters could have scars from swords or arrows wounding them.[/quote']

Do theses scars will have any in-game effects? If not, then there is no need to even track them, much less have an "never gets/never keeps one" power.

I don't know if it was D&D, but one system has the rule: You get scars, unless it heals via magic/natural regeneration.

In Superheroic games, I wouldn't worry about it.

In Heroic, I'd say any level of Healing or Regeneration would by default leave no scars.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that I was dreaming about scars....

Depends on what the scars are...

I had a fencing character I wrote up a while ago that had a Transform to give people small cosmetic scars (of the Distinctive Appearance) variety. Without taking into account SFX, regeneration wouldn't innately fix those. Regeneration with 'variable effect' to heal damage, flashes, transforms, and whatever else you set it to probably would cover the overwhelming majority of Scar SFX.

I was thinking mainly in terms of Heroic-level characters. In Dark Champions' date=' characters could have scars from old bullet wounds, or Fantasy Hero characters could have scars from swords or arrows wounding them.[/quote']

Still, I think this is purely a cosmetic issue. You could mechanically represent the scars with Striking Appearance (some scars make you look badass instead of ugly), or by shuffling some points of Disads around for a Distinctive Feature or a Phys Lim (my surgical scars tend to itch badly when it gets warm, for instance; -1 to rolls when needing to concentrate or somesuch). Or, you could just have scars or not with no mechanical effect.