Harpoon and Tow Cable from The Empire Strikes Back

Arc Esu

Re: Harpoon and Tow Cable from The Empire Strikes Back

Personally, I wouldn't have worried about making the tow cable capable of doing what it did to the AT-AT. I'd have just built it as a tow cable (most likely some Stretching-based build). What it did to the AT-AT was more a function of the AT-AT's limitations than the tow cable's abilities, IMO. YMMV. :)

Personally' date=' I wouldn't have worried about making the tow cable capable of doing what it did to the AT-AT. I'd have just built it as a tow cable (most likely some Stretching-based build). What it did to the AT-AT was more a function of the AT-AT's limitations than the tow cable's abilities, IMO. YMMV. :)[/quote']

Probably the best plan, really.

Perhaps lower STR or DEX on the legs versus entanglements?

Low general STR. What would he need much for anyway? His armor is part of his body, he is not designed to lift much or move anything by towing (or can use his movemnt his STR then). His KB-resistance is mostly just being heavy and four legged (and that blasters may not do much KB).

The only wrinkle with the Entangle theory is that I don't think the walkers *can* stand back up after they fall.

Which really makes me wonder what the Imperial Corp of Engineers was smoking.

My Star wars geek friend assures me that the walkers could have stood back up but it would have taken some time. Apparently there were even rules for it some where in the old West End games d6 Star Wars rpg.

Personally' date=' I wouldn't have worried about making the tow cable capable of doing what it did to the AT-AT. I'd have just built it as a tow cable (most likely some Stretching-based build). What it did to the AT-AT was more a function of the AT-AT's limitations than the tow cable's abilities, IMO. YMMV. :)[/quote']

Make it a "power stunt" more or less?