Imaginary Friends Update

Balabanto

Re: Imaginary Friends Update

The SPIDER Evasion Agent is complete! The SPIDER Retaliation agent is next. In February, I have jury duty and Dundracon, so after this week, I should have more time to work on this project. Ideally, all the sheets should be done by the second or third week in February. Then I'll do maps.

We're at 112 pages or so worth of text and character sheets, and 50,000 words. There's still a few sheets to go, a ton of weapons and gear, and then there's maps and the text of the adventure. This thing is going to be BIG. Not to mention useful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Secondary weapons are done! It's just heavy weapons and then we're into maps and object defense tables, then adventure text. Keep in mind, I'm a little slow right now due to recovering from wintertime, intensity and number of hours at my day job, and my unexpected promotion.

All the sheets are done and sent to Dave. :)

Time to draw maps for about six to eight weeks and key them.

This one doesn't have as many maps as some of the others, because the final combat has a TON of multilevel stuff and takes place inside, outside, and underground, and the tacticals for it are a bear.

So that one has a LOT of maps, but the rest of the adventure is a little more free-form.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm finishing up the first map over the next few days. It's another museum cross-section. I think you guys will have a lot of fun with it. I can really only key about 5 locations a day between working on my novel and working a crushing 75 hours at work. I HOPE this will be ready by Gencon. It's tough to do this when you're working these kinds of hours.

Well, the first map is done. I'm hoping to grind out the others over the next couple of months, and then do the adventure text. Currently, we're at 134 pages and 60,000 words. This adventure looks like it's going to be larger than King of the Mountain.

Well' date=' the first map is done. I'm hoping to grind out the others over the next couple of months, and then do the adventure text. Currently, we're at 134 pages and 60,000 words. This adventure looks like it's going to be larger than King of the Mountain.[/quote']

And today was the object defense table for that map. Curse you, Object Defense Table! The problem with being excessively thorough is that you have to make huge lists of objects when your map is done.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have completed an apartment map and it's object defense table, and thoroughly mapped out a Jazz club. :)

At this point it is likely that Imaginary Friends will be Kickstarted. I hope you guys are willing to pledge to it, because I've been busting my hump on this thing for over a year. :)

At this point Gencon also seems less likely than a Halloween release sometime in October. We'll keep you posted.

• 3 weeks later...

Today, I finished the jazz club map. Over the next couple days, I'll be populating it with NPCs and doing another dreaded Object Defense Table. That leaves the massive final battle map and all of it's levels and elevations to go. (Shudder.)

Wish me luck.

Today, I finished up the Jazz Club and surrounding area. Tomorrow, I make the object defense table for it.

After that, it's on to the last map in the adventure. It's a monster map, it's probably going to take 2-4 weeks to completely design and key out. Then it will be on to the adventure text. I could probably do it in two weeks if I didn't have to work, but good map locations take time. :)

We'll have a "What do you want in your kickstarter?" thread up soon.

We are done with the Jazz Club map and it's object defense tables. Only one map remains. Unfortunately, it's bloody huge and it will take a few weeks to get that done.

Wish me luck. Once this is over, it's adventure text time.

Things you'll find in some of the maps in Imaginary Friends:

IHOC! (International House of Crudites)

Bogundys (What is it? Why is it important? Who cares? It's amusing!)

More Burger Swine!

Antique Shops

An entire egyptian museum exhibit!

And more!

Hi again. I'm beginning to hammer through the final map set of the adventure. Right now, I'm at about 78,000 words. And there's still only limited adventure text. I estimate a little over 100,000 after tacticals, scene settings, and the like.

Wish me luck.

The final map set is currently 1/3 done. I'll be sending that off to Bill for artistic reprocessing. Tomorrow, object defense tables, followed by a couple days of drawing, followed by keying locations until my face turns purple. After that, it's on to adventure text. And in between this, I'm knocking out revisions for my agent on my novel.

Busy. Busy. Busy.

Well, the final sections of the map spiralled into hugeness. Drawing this will take a few more days, followed by the horror of keying it. Maps should be done by Gencon, or a little after. I'm hoping not to have to bring them to Gencon, as that would be awkward. It looks like the final map is going to have around 100+ locations.

This adventure is going to be humongous. Effectively, it's a giant campaign supplement, with an Evil Secret Organization, an extremely mighty villain team, six new agent types, additional villains and NPCs, tons of plot options, and loads of challenging fun. It might be as long as Champions Complete after all the object defense tables are finished. :)