Project WyrmStar

mattingly

The books are all set to be at GenCon (except Fires of Heaven, which is three times as big as the other books and we just couldn't get ready in time) -- I talked with the printer yesterday and all is well.

attachment.php?attachmentid=39530&d=1311817542

attachment.php?attachmentid=39529&d=1311817531

attachment.php?attachmentid=39528&d=1311817510

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39530[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]39529[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]39528[/ATTACH]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Re: Project WyrmStar

Thanks! Here's the blurb I wrote up for it for the convention booklet...

Event Name: “Murder at the Paris Institut des Sciences”

Organization: RP-Artisans

Game System: Steampunk Hero/ The Widening Gyre

Author: Bill Keyes

GM: Bill Keyes

Maximum Players per slot: 6

Times: 1 slots; Saturday evening

The annual Inventeur du Salon in Paris, where the world’s greatest scientists and engineers go to show off their latest inventions, has always been a cutthroat competition… but never like this! Inventors are being murdered, and it is up to your intrepid band of watchmen to find the killer before he strikes again! Can you stop him before you become his next victim?

Keywords: Steampunk, mad science, sorcery, murder most foul!

Beginner, rules taught, characters provided

• 3 weeks later...

Terracide and The Widening Gyre both got mentioned in this week's RPGshop.com newsletter!

Where to begin? If it's not the Hero System 6th Edition adding several new RPGs and settings such as The Widening Gyre and Terracide, its Savage Worlds coming out with some fantastic new adventure compendiums for the Hellfrost and Sundered Skies settings. And don't forget Shadowrun putting out the third adventure of their Horizons adventure series, Colombian Subterfuge. For you Warhammer 40K fans out there, a new Dark Heresy book has arrived also - check out The Chaos Commandment. Then there's new Pathfinder stuff, new Ars Magica stuff, new Castles & Crusades stuff, and on and on...wow, what a Winter!

Just got three of these (Widening Gyre is coming as soon as it restocks) - Wreck of Alpha Central, Lux Aeternum, and Terracide. Haven't read in full detail, but based on skims they all look really nice.

I'm addicted to Blackwyrm settings now. I'm going to have to pick up more when I have more money.

Hope John doesn't mind me posting this -- a review of The Widening Gyre (Steampunk roleplaying for the Hero System)... Check it out!

http://usandacat.com/thelair/2012/review-of-the-widening-gyre-by-blackwyrm-publishing/

Overall I was VERY surprised by The Widening Gyre. I guess I did not expect the amount of coverage that this genre book provides. The quality of the writing is so high that it feels like a book that Steve Long might have produced. (FYI, this is very high praise in my book.) I think Bill has written THE steampunk sourcebook for Hero with Widening Gyre.

:D