He Who Fights Then Runs Away...

Marcus Impudite

Re: He Who Fights Then Runs Away...

Considering there are a nearly infinite number of circumstances surrounding superfights, it's almost impossible to come up with an answer that doesn't resemble an essay. The short version: Does something have greater priority than catching the villain (endangered innocents topping the list)? If yes, then do that; if not, then give chase.

Depends on the villain too.

This kind of gets into the priority issue. Some villains are more dangerous than others; I'd certainly be more likely to bust my afterburner running down The Monster over, say, Foxbat.

There's also the matter of whether or not the villain can be caught. If Vector decides to make a break for it, just wave bye-bye 'cause you ain't catching him.

I can only answer this for Shadow Hawk:

The mission comes first. Unless the mission is capture/kill the one running away, then he'd let them run. After all, they can't interfere with the mission if they run.

Addendum: well, if the alarm hasn't sounded yet, and the runaway will sound the alarm, then dealing with him might be needed... but it's all about the mission.

My other characters... too many options, depends on circumstances.

I will say generally Badger will chase down the guy under nearly all circumstances. On principle if nothing else. (In a once you start a fight with him, you finish it kind of principle.) He would break off to help others, but if his teammates are there he'd leave that to them.