Star Hero 6th Edition: my first take

shadowcat1313

Re: Star Hero 6th Edition: my first take

No High Frontier? How will you ever be able to handle low tech strategic maneuvering about the solar system without it?

That's a newer game right? If So I don't have it. Sorta circled my wagons when I ran out of folks to play all those cool space games with and was stuck with just d20 people. If it's any good though I'll add it to the acquire pile for later in the year when the day job settles itself out, heh. Otherwise it just ends up being spent money that sits on a shelf somewhere, kinda like our Space Program.. :D

~Rex

I'm curious if the rules for ship combat will be in the Hero System Vehicles book instead. Star Hero 5th had lots of options for space combat rules, etc., but I'm not finding it here in 6th ed. (It would make sense for it to be in the Vehicles book, since those rules can work in any genre.)

Anyway' date=' to veer back on topic--does Star Hero go into any detail about character actions during ship-to-ship combat? I feel as though this is an area that's been glossed over in so many games. There'll be character combat, and ship-to-ship, but the part about roleplaying characters during ship-to-ship often seems like it's reduced to a skill roll here and there. Ideally PCs should be able to have a significant and ongoing impact on ship-to-ship, a hell of a lot more than "extraordinary crew" used to have in SFB.[/quote']

I'm curious if the rules for ship combat will be in the Hero System Vehicles book instead. Star Hero 5th had lots of options for space combat rules' date=' etc., but I'm not finding it here in 6th ed. (It would make sense for it to be in the Vehicles book, since those rules can work in any genre.)[/quote']

Steve Logn noted somethign along the Lines that Star Hero Equipment Section is way smaller because most of that stuff went into the Equipment Guide. So it would not be wrong to asume the same is true for combat.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious if the rules for ship combat will be in the Hero System Vehicles book instead. Star Hero 5th had lots of options for space combat rules' date=' etc., but I'm not finding it here in 6th ed. (It would make sense for it to be in the Vehicles book, since those rules can work in any genre.)[/quote']

Yep, according to SH6 p239, space combat is covered in HSV. I only hope that mass vehicle combat is in there, too.