4th String Villians Yeah!

Nothere

Re: 4th String Villians Yeah!

Ok according to Comicvine, Hypno Hustler made his equipment - so he gets some knowledge/science skills

KS: Hypnotism

PS: Hypnotist

PS: Musician (Guitar)

PS: Singer

Inventor

Electronics

Mechanics

Weaponsmith

SS: Chemistry

His Goggles have the Hypnosis power...I think there's a Hypno Hat in Gadgets and Gear...but if not I can figure something out

His moon boots have retractable spikes with Anesthetic poison...And the Mercy Killers augment his hypnotic ability with their singing...they were apparently hypnotized as well. So do I make them followers or special effects of an aid?

He traded blows with Spiderman who obviously pulled his punches so I'll make him a little better than a thug probably Dex 18, Spd 4

make the costume Armored. Belt shot an electronic blast, and he used kicks so I'll give him some martial arts.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok according to Comicvine, Hypno Hustler made his equipment - so he gets some knowledge/science skills

KS: Hypnotism

PS: Hypnotist

PS: Musician (Guitar)

PS: Singer

Inventor

Electronics

Mechanics

Weaponsmith

SS: Chemistry

His Goggles have the Hypnosis power...I think there's a Hypno Hat in Gadgets and Gear...but if not I can figure something out

His moon boots have retractable spikes with Anesthetic poison...And the Mercy Killers augment his hypnotic ability with their singing...they were apparently hypnotized as well. So do I make them followers or special effects of an aid?

He traded blows with Spiderman who obviously pulled his punches so I'll make him a little better than a thug probably Dex 18, Spd 4

make the costume Armored. Belt shot an electronic blast, and he used kicks so I'll give him some martial arts.

I think the Mercy Killers are followers and either Aid (simpler) or a power boost that only functions when they are present.

I think the Mercy Killers are followers and either Aid (simpler) or a power boost that only functions when they are present.

APG I has some stuff for that:

Buy Extra Effect/dice, Requires Background singing (6E1 128)

Enchantment is an alternate form of Teamwork, where the Attacks add togehter to form a single higher AP effect (instead of multiple, low power).

Normal teamwork could be interpreted to work that way for Mental powers, but APG II 74 states that this is clearly not allowed (only for powers that do damage).

I think the APG II had somewhere rules for Mentalsit helpign each other.

APG I has some stuff for that:

Buy Extra Effect/dice, Requires Background singing (6E1 128)

Enchantment is an alternate form of Teamwork, where the Attacks add togehter to form a single higher AP effect (instead of multiple, low power).

Normal teamwork could be interpreted to work that way for Mental powers, but APG II 74 states that this is clearly not allowed (only for powers that do damage).

I think the APG II had somewhere rules for Mentalsit helpign each other.

I have both of those sitting on my coffee table but I haven't cracked them open yet. Sounds like an elegant solution.

I have both of those sitting on my coffee table but I haven't cracked them open yet. Sounds like an elegant solution.

But I jsut remembere: Enchantment does not works for attacks that can't be coordinated. So non-damagign mental effects are out of the question as well.

I think they could still fire an Aid simultaniously (to aid the Mental power "in flight"). Or jsut use some Aid, Constant ("Boost") built.

HYPNO HUSTLER

Antoine Delsoin

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6 [1]

18 DEX 24 13- OCV: 6/DCV: 6

15 CON 10 12-

11 BODY 2 11-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

11 EGO 2 11- ECV: 4

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

12 COM 1 11-

7+10 PD 4 Total: 7/17 PD (0/10 rPD)

7+10 ED 4 Total: 7/17 ED (0/10 rED)

4 SPD 12 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

8 REC 4

30 END 0

30 STUN 3 Total Characteristic Cost: 79

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Leaping: 3"/6"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

28 Dulcet Tones of the Mercy Killers: Mind Control 6d6 (Human class of minds), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Area Of Effect (10" Radius; +1 ¼), Selective (+¼) (90 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -¾), No Range (-½), Ritual ([3-4] casters; -½), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -½) 0

Notes: Adds to Hypno-Guitar.

42 Hypno-Guitar: Mind Control 12d6 (Human class of minds), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Area Of Effect (18" Radius; +1 ¼), Selective (+¼) (180 Active Points); OAF (-1), Gestures (two hands throughout; -1), Effect Ends Immediately If Character Stops Playing (-½), No Range (-½), Requires A Musical Instrument Roll (-¼) 0

25 Moonboots...of DEATH!: Multipower, 37-point reserve, (37 Active Points); OIF (Boots; -½)

4u 1) Funky Sole!: Energy Blast 3d6, No Normal Defense (No need to breathe or Holding One's Breath; +½), Area Of Effect (2" Any Area; +1) (37 Active Points) 4

1u 2) These Boots are made for STOMPING: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (2d6 w/STR) (15 Active Points) 1

Hustler's Threads

20 1) Armored Costume: Armor (10 PD/10 ED) (30 Active Points); OIF (-½) 0

6 2) Combat Guitar: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6 (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-½) 1

20 3) Electro Blast: Energy Blast 9d6 (45 Active Points); 6 Charges (-¾), OIF (Belt; -½) [6]

45 4) Headphones of Protection!: Personal Immunity (+¼) for up to 270 Active Points of Hypnotic Instrument and Dulcet Tones (67 Active Points); OIF (-½) 7

Generic Martial Arts

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 +1 HTH Damage Class(es)

4 Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Dodge -- +5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

5 Kick -2 +1 8d6 Strike

4 Punch +0 +2 6d6 Strike

3 Throw +0 +1 4d6 +v/5, Target Falls

1 Weapon Element: Blades

1 Weapon Element: Homemade Weapons

Perks

15 The Mercy Killers: Followers

Skills

6 Mad Guitar Skills: +2 Hypno-Guitar, Guitar Smash, and Kick

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Electronics 12-

5 Inventor 13-

3 Jack of All Trades

2 1) PS: Dance (3 Active Points) 13-

1 2) PS: Hypnotist (2 Active Points) 11-

2 3) PS: Singer (3 Active Points) 12-

2 Language: Jive (fluent conversation)

3 Musical Instrument Familiarity (Chordophones) 13-

3 Scholar

1 1) KS: Disco (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) KS: Funk (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3) KS: Hypnotism (2 Active Points) 11-

3 Science Skill: Chemistry 12-

3 Science Skill: Harmonics 12-

3 Streetwise 12-

3 Systems Operation 12-

2 WF: Blades, Clubs, Homemade Weapons

4 Weaponsmith (Chemical Weapons, Energy Weapons, Muscle-Powered HTH) 12-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 286

Total Cost: 365

200+ Disadvantages

5 Distinctive Features: Anachronistic 70's style Icon (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

20 Hunted: Police 8- (Mo Pow; NCI; Harshly Punish)

10 Psychological Limitation: Greedy (Common; Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Selfish (Very Common; Moderate)

15 Reputation: 4th String Gimick Villain, 11- (Extreme)

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently; Major)

85 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 365

Background/History: From Comicvine.com

Hypno-Hustler is a man who used music to hypnotize people at concerts into giving him their money and valuables. He used a mix tape in a boom box to play the music, along with his guitar. His real name was Antoine, and he was originally on the streets untill he was taken in by a club owner. Eventually Antoine met three woman who could amplify his hypnosis powers by singing. He hypnotized them into joining him, and called them the Mercy Killers. In the action of robbing the club owned by the very man who took Antoine off the streets, Hypno-Hustler encountered Spider-Man. He was promptly beaten and sent to jail.

In Spider-Man Unlimited, Hypno-Hustler is seen again, but this time apart of a reformed villain program. It is unclear whether Antoine turned his career around.

Hypno-Hustler is among many villains who attempt to capture Lily Hollisters baby for Doctor Octopus but is unsuccessful on finding it. He later flees to a police station after Spiderman, who believes the baby is dead, defeats Diablo, The Spot, and Overdrive. He attempts to turn himself in in an effort to keep himself safe but the officers are unsure of what to do with him since he has committed no crime.

hypnohustler.png

There was a Team of Also Ran villains over in DC (Condiment King was one of them) most were killed.

I think DC also has the Pocket Rocket? A villain with a gun on his junk.

I have to admit, Marvel does the 4th string villains a bit better IMO.

There was a Team of Also Ran villains over in DC (Condiment King was one of them) most were killed.

I think DC also has the Pocket Rocket? A villain with a gun on his junk.

I have to admit, Marvel does the 4th string villains a bit better IMO.

Was it Codpiece? http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/22785.html?thread=325121

I'm secretly a big fan of Sleepwalker*. If there is one thing that Sleepwalker did right, it was generate a fair sized rogue's gallery full of low level villains. Of these, 8-Ball was my favorite. I like how simple he was. Classic.

8ball1k.jpg

8-Ball was an engineer that designed missile propulsion systems. He was also a skilled gymnast & an expert pool player.

He invented a super cue stick that turns objects of opportunity into potentially lethal missiles. He used everything from tires to dumpsters to cars as weapons in this manner.

8-Ball also used explosive grenades and fireworks, a hovercraft, and flying miniature cameras, all painted to resemble billiard balls.

8ballandgang.jpg

The members of 8-Ball's gang were 6-Ball, 9-Ball and 11-Ball. Their weapons included exploding billiard balls.

8ballhoverrack.jpg

The Hover Rack reminds me of Power Girl for some reason. :o

*Everyone but me hates Sleepwalker.