A 1960's Batman for a serious Champions game

CptPatriot

Picture the 1960's Batman and the zaniness in the way they fought physically & crime. Robin pushing Batman's arms as he punches, coordinated attacks, the batcomputer and batcave.

Now picture that the Robin character is insane but is completely functional and the Batman character is a mental projection from Robin but that projection does indeed fight and they are more effective together and you cannot tell he is not real by looking at him.

This character is for a standard superheroic game set in the current day.

Any suggestions?

Re: A 1960's Batman for a serious Champions game

There are ways around that with Regeneration/Resurection. It ain't simple but it's probably better than the alternative of statting out a Mobile Images/Barrier + TK build that "looks and acts" like Batman.

I was concerned what might happen if the dupe died.

Either give the Duplicate Regeneration with resurrection ("Gosh Batman, how did you surive that?"), give the Robin a ability to resurrect him (I must find him, he would do the same for me) or go Summoning, Amiciable, Trigger.

The later one can get expensive, but I am not certain much more than Duplication with Altered Duplicate.

Overall teh ability to always have a teammate is going to be expensive.

Picture the 1960's Batman and the zaniness in the way they fought physically & crime. Robin pushing Batman's arms as he punches, coordinated attacks, the batcomputer and batcave.

Now picture that the Robin character is insane but is completely functional and the Batman character is a mental projection from Robin but that projection does indeed fight and they are more effective together and you cannot tell he is not real by looking at him.

This character is for a standard superheroic game set in the current day.

Any suggestions?

Now I'm wondering if the equipment exist when the hero doesn't need it. An associate accompanying Batman and Robin to the Batcave sees -- a large, empty cave. Batman says he's going to consult the batcomputer, and it materializes out of thin air just before Robin turns to look at it. Someone insist the Batmobile is missing, it comes into being when Robin looks toward it, dissolves when he looks away. Batman pulls whatever he needs at the time out of his utility belt, always reaches into the third pouch right of the buckle and whatever he needs is in that pouch. VPP, cosmic, equipment only, maybe throw in no conscious control.

So, Dick Grayson's mind snapped when his parents got killed and he started manifesting "The Batman". Bruce Wayne is real, and is really Dick's ward, but he is not The Batman, and knows nothing about it. Dick thinks that Bruce is just really good at compartmentalizing, so he doesn't bring it up when they are not in costume either.

the number of duplicates can be doubled for five points

5 points- 2 duplicates

10 points- 4 duplicates

15 points- 8 duplicates

20 point - 16 duplicates

or the number of duplicates D=2^(points/5)

16 points would create 9 duplicates

if one of the duplicate dies, there would be 8 duplicates left costing 15 points

the character would have to spend 1 experience point to replace the dead duplicate

Robin could buy extra duplicates (only one at a time -1?)

Either give the Duplicate Regeneration with resurrection ("Gosh Batman, how did you surive that?"), give the Robin a ability to resurrect him (I must find him, he would do the same for me) or go Summoning, Amiciable, Trigger.

The later one can get expensive, but I am not certain much more than Duplication with Altered Duplicate.

Overall teh ability to always have a teammate is going to be expensive.

Batman and Robin are not all that different

they could probably by built with a quarter of their points varying from each other

which is a +1/4 advantage

There was a variation of this concept featured on an episode of Justice League Animated called "Legends". The Justice Guild of America (a last minute variation on the Justice Society of America) and the villains they fought were all psychic creations of the team's "sidekick".

Justice_Guild_DCAU.jpg

Course' date=' on another note, I wonder how many henchmen committed off-camera seppoku after getting beat up by Burt Ward :doi:[/quote']

Apparently not many. Weren't there about half a dozen henchmen that got recycled from villain to villain to villain?

Course' date=' on another note, I wonder how many henchmen committed off-camera seppoku after getting beat up by Burt Ward :doi:[/quote']

Even in the comics, I doubt few thugs ever admitted to being beaten up by the sidekick.

I don't know. Watched half the 1966 series in the last Month' date=' but never quite minded the Henchmen...[/quote']

Heh, more annoying when they have their names on their shirt (apparently henchmen are too dumb to remember their name)

Heh' date=' more annoying when they have their names on their shirt (apparently henchmen are too dumb to remember their name)[/quote']

And really annoying when the henchmen with the names on thier shirt and know association with the villain are used in faked "Villian goes legit and saves the day" scenarios.

Heh' date=' more annoying when they have their names on their shirt (apparently henchmen are too dumb to remember their name)[/quote']

I think that's more a sign of their status as professional henchmen. Their nicknames change every time their boss does, so eventually you would get confused.

"You, Poundcake! Get the car."

"Who, me? I thought I was Doughboy?"

I think that's more a sign of their status as professional henchmen. Their nicknames change every time their boss does, so eventually you would get confused.

"You, Poundcake! Get the car."

"Who, me? I thought I was Doughboy?"

All the more reason to have their names on their shirts.