VOICE List

Captain Liberty

In the game I play in, VOICE managed to take over half the world behind the scenes. THey took most of Asia and a good chunk of Africa over, forming them into an 'Alternate United Nations'. Lung Hung ran everything from behind the scenes. The only Asian country that didn't join the World League was Japan... which is where we came in. (Incidentally, I should note that this all happened as the result of my GM looking to re-cast VOICE in a less VIPER-ish form, and me lending him the Gatchaman OAV DVD. So I only have myself to blame.)

My character in that campaign is a martial artist - well, an anime-style martial artist, with chi talents and uberleaping, and who is from Japan. While the Golden Avenger was busy turning the US against its superheroes (it was really Adolph Hitler in a new body - I'll tell that one later), our team went to Japan to use my character's contacts to learn the arts of stealth and disguise, to infiltrate and fight them.

We're on the train from Hokkaido to Kobe (figured no one would be watching any of the airports in Hokkaido, and we were right) and that's when the VOICE Terror Weapon #4 showed up. A giant flying robot centipede. Which picked up the entire Shinkansen (bullet train).

My character, Steel Thunder, leaped up, broke the window on the cockpit, and landed in the control room. A fight, as you might guess, broke out. When it was over, most of the team was busy keeping the train (which had been dropped when I knocked out one of the VOICE agents) from crashing and killing all the people aboard; the Centipede had flown a quarter-mile away and was crashing... and I had just knocked Graf von Grausum out of the cockpit window.

Armor did not activate for my initial punch, and he was stunned for CON. Two teammates of mine tried to catch him: failed. He hit the ground, and his armor still didn't activate. Then the centipede landed on him and exploded, and it STILL refused to activate and he ended up dead. (STeel Thunder ended up at -11 BODY, too... and she's got a 12 BODY. I didn't dodge the explosion well EITHER.)

Recently, another supervillian destroyed the World League (long long story ending with an all-out assault by most of Earth's heroes on his base), but all of VOICE is still there, in their base in Mongolia (which we're pretty sure they rule), and being eyed as people wonder...

what words will VOICE next speak, to bring terror to the Earth?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recent VOICE activity

Recently, the St. Louis Gatekeepers came under attack from VOICE as part of a recruiting drive, or so they thought. In fact, it was all a machination by the most recent American Eagle (the 4th of the name) who was feeling dissed by his more experienced teammates in the current Freedom Squad (Okay, current as of the last game of it I ran, sometime in the mid 80s). Black Phantom and Jo-Tan are both members of the Gatekeepers these days (BP as a sort of Elder counselor and Jo-Tan because the Japanese automotive company he works for sent him to their St. Louis plant after several years back in Japan). The new AE decided to impress them by "saving" the Gatekeepers after a bunch of wannabe VOICE types almost had them on the ropes.

Unfortunately, the pawns he picked actually had some smarts and enough contacts to actually contact VOICE, which brought them to the attention of Dr. Photon and Szybko.

Things did not end well for the villains (minus Dr. P and S, who had just checked in to see what was going on) and the ploy of AE was discovered.

Ramifications are still going on about that.

• 4 months later...

Re: VOICE List

Just wanted to see if anything else has come to anyone.

I haven't been able to use VOICE yet. My last campaign ended a few adventures before they were planned to debut. I'm trying to get another campaign started, but finding players is difficult, though I do have a lead for two.

With all the expanding that several people have VOICE doing, has anyone used the Tiger Squad or the Cult of the Red Banner (both from Watchers of the Dragon, and the latter also from Ultimate Martial Artist) as a counterforce for VOICE?

Additionally, would anyone use Lung Hung in the Tournament of the Dragon? Would Lung Hung participate (and in which persona) or attempt to dominate? I could see LH unable to fathom the extent of the Tournament and sends VOICE in to try and take over, being surprised at the number of people that would resist this. Or perhaps LH has been admitted to the tournament over the past few hundred years and has yet to win (or maybe won just once).

I wonder if Dr. Wu would see a rising threat and attempt to destroy Lung Hung?

While I do have plans for VOICE in any future campaign, my two villain groups on the higher tiers are Anarchy (Enemies of San Angelo ) and the Seven Horsemen.

• 4 months later...

Because good threads should never die.

One of the things I was curious about was Plot Seeds and How they hunt the Heroes. I do not remember seeing any agents either?

Captain Liberty whould you object to me asking Enforcer84 to update The Voice of Doom to 5th Edition?

My first Champions GM ran your adventure on our admittedly large gaming group at the SFU Gaming Club. It was a blast. He added a few extra supervillians to counter the number of PCs.

Cheers

QM

Because good threads should never die.

One of the things I was curious about was Plot Seeds and How they hunt the Heroes. I do not remember seeing any agents either?

Captain Liberty whould you object to me asking Enforcer84 to update The Voice of Doom to 5th Edition?

My first Champions GM ran your adventure on our admittedly large gaming group at the SFU Gaming Club. It was a blast. He added a few extra supervillians to counter the number of PCs.

Cheers

QM

I'm honored you thought of me. :o

Someone wants to take a crack at updating VOICE, it's fine with me. I actually have done some of that and will happily pass along what I have as long as I get all the writeups back (that is, I get copies of all the writeups).

I use metacreator, though, which I imagine doesn't mesh well with the current official software. Never saw any need to change. If the new software can do rtf files, that would be fine.

When I did Dr. Photon and Szybko, I was actually running a Silver Age Sentinels campaign, so I didn't upgrade them to 5th edition. The campaign has since gone back to Champions. It's on hiatus at the moment - one of my players is running an Angel campaign instead.

Hey Steve, how're you doing ?

On an unrelated note, was just looking over Trouble For Havoc the other day and am still impressed with the job you guys did on that.

Don't know how impractical this'd be, but any chance of you guys getting leasing rights for 5th ed. and re-releasing an updated version of the sourcebook for Champions and maybe a few other contemporary systems ?

Someone wants to take a crack at updating VOICE, it's fine with me. I actually have done some of that and will happily pass along what I have as long as I get all the writeups back (that is, I get copies of all the writeups).

I use metacreator, though, which I imagine doesn't mesh well with the current official software. Never saw any need to change. If the new software can do rtf files, that would be fine.

When I did Dr. Photon and Szybko, I was actually running a Silver Age Sentinels campaign, so I didn't upgrade them to 5th edition. The campaign has sense gone back to Champions. It's on hiatus at the moment - one of my players is running an Angel campaign instead.

It does indeed print RTFs :)

Hey Steve, how're you doing ?

On an unrelated note, was just looking over Trouble For Havoc the other day and am still impressed with the job you guys did on that.

Don't know how impractical this'd be, but any chance of you guys getting leasing rights for 5th ed. and re-releasing an updated version of the sourcebook for Champions and maybe a few other contemporary systems ?

Since I haven't been affiliated with Chaosium for almost 20 years now (I left in January of 1985), I am not the person to be talking to about such projects. In fact, I was no longer with Chaosium when I wrote VOICE of Doom.

And Havoc was actually written by about three other people, who would have to be consulted. I am in touch with one of them, as it happens, but not the others.

All told, probably not going to happen.

• 6 months later...

VOICE of Doom 5E Revised

Greetings Herophiles. and VOICE of Doom Fans, With permission from Captain Liberty (Steve Perrin) we present the "VOICE of Doom 5E Revised".

Coming to a PDF File near you! ;)

Enforcer84's

Lung Hung (Red Dragon)

Steel Raven (Kuoseikarasu)

Irredencia (Italy Unredeemed)

Dr.Photon

Blue Eel

La Pulga (The Flea)

Carrier (aka Pandemic)

Goshawk

Graf von Grausamkeit (The Baron of Terror)

Lion Slayer (Villainy Unbound)

VOICE of Doom Art?

Kirby's

Lung Hung [250pts. to 350pts.]

Black/Steel Raven

Blue Eel

Carrier

Dr.Photon

Goshawk

Graf von Grausom (Count of Cruelty)

La Pulga (The Flea)

Le Maistre (The Master)

Szybko

SnapDragon (Su Ling Fong)*

VOICE Agent

Hard Hat*

Dimension Man*

Jo-Tan*

Skaramine's

Hard Hat*

Missing?

American Eagle (Freedom Squad)

Black Phantom (Freedom Squad)

Victrix (Freedom Squad)

Dimension Man [2] (Freedom Squad)

Subotai

Tamamatsu Togan

Masterstorke

Doppleganger (Proteus - Champions Presents #2)

Dreamer

Black Claw Triad

Corsair (aka Nemesis of Evil)

Ego (Atlas Unleashed)

Crater

Divine Wind

Charles Brown's The Demonlair

http://members.aol.com/DEMONTh254/

Daigon

Scarab

Orb

Red Rapier (Heroic Publishing's "League of Champions" comic series)

Tiger Squad (Watchers of the Dragon)

Cult of the Red Banner (Watchers of the Dragon & Ultimate Martial Artist)

Dr.Yin Wu

Dragon Master

Dr. Lirby Koo (Hmmm...)

VOICE of Doom's Jaws Division

Left Side of the Upper Jaws: Graf von Grausom (leader), Daigon, Irredencia, Lionslayer, Poinsettia, Scarab

Right Side of the Upper Jaws: Doctor Photon (leader), Death Rider, Goshawk, Riplash, Steel Raven, Szybko

Left Side of the Lower Jaws: Doppleganger (leader), Dreamer, Ego, High Voltage, Orb, Pandemic

Right Side of the Lower Jaws: Le Maitre (leader), Plague, La Pulga, Red Rapier, Shamrock, Snapdragon

Baby Teeth: Headmaster (supervisor), Divine Wind (field leader), Crater, Cyberninja, Goth, Piranha, Punk, Render, Vissna

Solo and Special Operatives: Blue Eel (and her Cybersharks), Dragon Master (and his gang), Kagetanto, Lupus, Proteus, Red Dragon

VOICE of Doom

http:// http://herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27274&page=1&pp=50&highlight=VOICE+DOOM

VOICE List (The VOICE of Doom Organization)

http://herogames.com/forums/showthr...ight=VOICE+Doom

Gatchaman OAV

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=318

Cheers

QM

Well, since this thread is being revived (and thank you for doing so)...

I haven't been able to use VOICE yet. My last campaign ended a few adventures before they were planned to debut. I'm trying to get another campaign started' date=' but finding players is difficult, though I do have a lead for two.[/quote']

As an update for this June post, my Champions game has started out, and while I am using the San Angelo setting, I am including VOICE in it. In fact, in the opening adventure/scenario, the two players joined Freedom Squad. A third person joined the gaming group, but the original two players (literally) haven't thought to ask her to join "the team." :confused: I ran the Asesinos plot seed, but instead of using VIPER as the background group, I used VOICE, having Snapdragon trying to establish a foothold for VOICE in Chinatown. This first attempt has failed, but that's okay, for now. It will just add more flavor for when Freedom Squad's date with destiny arrives. :sneaky:

As an aside, I just added American Eagle and Victrix to the Voice of Doom thread. I'm looking for Black Phantom's file.

Well, since this thread is being revived (and thank you for doing so)...

As an update for this June post, my Champions game has started out, and while I am using the San Angelo setting, I am including VOICE in it. In fact, in the opening adventure/scenario, the two players joined Freedom Squad. A third person joined the gaming group, but the original two players (literally) haven't thought to ask her to join "the team." :confused: I ran the Asesinos plot seed, but instead of using VIPER as the background group, I used VOICE, having Snapdragon trying to establish a foothold for VOICE in Chinatown. This first attempt has failed, but that's okay, for now. It will just add more flavor for when Freedom Squad's date with destiny arrives. :sneaky:

As an aside, I just added American Eagle and Victrix to the Voice of Doom thread. I'm looking for Black Phantom's file.

Way cool! I like the changes and a good use of the Asesinos plot!

Way cool! I like the changes and a good use of the Asesinos plot!

Thank you. Thank you very much. I can't wait until I am able to introduce the entire VOICE organization. The way they game, I know they will be taken by surprise (though strangely, one of them is accustomed to losing characters in all the games he plays).

• 4 years later...