So, I pulled my arm off to beat a guy...

I am building Sir Daniel Fortesque from the great MediEvil games. Dan has a really fun little story and makes a great hero. For those who don't know, he is a knight skeleton reanimated by necromantic magic. He has no flesh at all, only one eye and he's missing his jawbone, but that doesn't stop him from saving the land of Gallowmere!

Dan is super-strong (he wields a hammer whose head is bigger than his torso with one hand and can move large objects without straining), doesn't tire, is fairly durable with his armor and undead body (except fire, fire is a problem) and is pretty fast. He can also do things like pop his own arm off and use it as a makeshift club (he only does this early in the game, when he has no weapons) or throw it at an enemy. He can also pop off his skull and put it on these little ambulatory severed hands, which allows him to perceive stuff he couldn't by having "Dan Hand" crawl into holes in the wall or tiny crevasses. In the game, you can switch back and forth between Dan's head and Dan's headless body and control either. His body seems a little less coordinated but mostly can operate okay. In the second game, his head can also get stolen by pesky birds.

So how would you do these two abilities: Dan Hand and "This attack cost me an arm and a l... well, no, just an arm."? In the case of "Dan Hand", it doesn't have to be specifically for those Thing-like hands: really, he could pull his skull off and put it somewhere to gain a perspective he wouldn't have otherwise, putting it in a hole in the wall, throwing it up onto a ledge, etc. The hands would either be really cheap sidekicks or just things that run around that he uses sometimes.

Thanks!

Re: So, I pulled my arm off to beat a guy...

Possibly altered Duplication with Mind Link if they act simultaneously; if not it could just be special effect of Clairsentience. The arm seems like a simple Hand Attack with small limitation that he can't use both arms while it's deployed.

Chris.

The head that he controls and can see out of the eyes with is Clairvoyance with movable point of perception. You could limit it with Concentration with lockout if the character is helpless when he is looking out from his other head. Also it should be purchased with Starts in throwing distance of hex (kind of like No range, but different). To express the fact that the head has to be physically moved. It also has physical manifestation because if someeone knows that he can do it they can look for and then trap the head.

Throwing a hand at someone: is Strength at range 2 recoverable charges (2 hands, that have to be picked up and reattached before they are used again).

Pull arm to beat someone with it. Take 1m Stretching + dice in Hand to hand attack.

Both the hand and arm detachments should have a limit saying that the character is missing their hand/arm(s) when the power is used. so -2 or -3 dex roll for things that require hands

Like most things, you could build this in any number of ways.

The arm seems like building a club (Hand Attack, Stretching if you wish) with the side effect you become one-armed for the duration. Seems like it should also allow Stretching (hold the hand by the shoulder joint and reach into a crevasse, for example).

The detachable head could go as far as a Multiform (one "Whole Body" form and one "Head off" form with Duplication, cannot recombine), but I think Duplication with a side effect limitation is likely to work better. The Clairvoyance approach is a simpler approach, but not as detailed mechanically (eg. for capturing the head, or carrying it away).

...Throwing a hand at someone: is Strength at range 2 recoverable charges (2 hands' date=' that have to be picked up and reattached before they are used again)....[/quote']

You might even go 1 recoverable charge, assuming you need one hand to throw the other. If you can just fling your arm around and detach the hand or arm, then 2 is probably the way to go.

Beat him with my arm

He simply has a HTH-Attack (always), for beating people with his bare hands.

Taking of one arm could simply be 1m Stretching, with a Side effect "looses other arm".

Dan Head + Dan Headless Body

We have two factors here:

- both parts can act

- the body needs a way to sense somewhow without his ears and eyes.

Duplication could work.

The head-part would have permanent Shrinking/small Size Template. It can't move without a Hand of Opportunity (Complication or Limitation on his Running).

The body might have limited senses. Propably sold back sight (and maybe hearing) to pay for some alternate targetting sense.

Both are Mind Linked (if you have 6E, use the Psychic Bond variant)

How is damage handeled

Important question. What if somebody rips his arm off? What if he hits a Fire Damage Shield with his seperated arm? What if his Body is destroyed while his head is away?

Pulling Your Arm Off (I have a character that can, and will, do this): +Hand Attack; Side Effect: Only has one arm until reattached or it grows back; Ranged; 1 Recoverable Charge (must go get his arm to Recover it)

Dan Hand Head: Clairvoyance; Side Effect: Body is 'headless' and loses X amount of DEX