Champions Complete Advertisement!

JohnTaber

Re: Champions Complete Advertisement!

Champions 6th edition is a genre book; it includes no rules material and requires the HERO System 6th Edition core rules to play.

Champions Complete is a complete game that includes some Champions genre material as well as all of the rules with less text of 6th Edition. Champions Complete is, as the name implies, a complete game, and you can play if all you have is that book.

ah cool' date=' i needed to know, just bought 6E1&2, champions 6th was my next purchase and wanted to make sure it wasnt being outdated. :)[/quote']

With the books you got, and Champions 6th, you'll have almost everything that's in Champions Complete and more. Or such is my understanding.

House of the Palindromedary

With the books you got, and Champions 6th, you'll have almost everything that's in Champions Complete and more. Or such is my understanding.

House of the Palindromedary

As is mine.

Champiosn Complete is geared towards bringing new people into the game. The initial cost for the previous appraoch (6E1+6E2+Genre Book+maybe Monster/Villain book) was simply too big.

lol well drat then, as a gaming addict on a fixed income a "cheaper" alternative would have been welcome. Ah well, i dont have any complaints supporting a company like HERO, I was thrilled when i found out they were still in the business of making new books (while trying to find the old Fuzion rules so i could get my game on again lol)

I got this in electronic format as part of the Champions Live kickstarter. Not sure where/how/if it will appear in print form. :)

Well, if I were HERO I'd put it in every magazine I could think of. Knights Of The Dinner Table is an excellent venue to get the word out; HERO placed an ad with them years before when 5th Edition was released. And there's comics, of course--DC, Marvel, Image, IDW and others. Heck, they might have to hold a Kickstarter event to raise the advertising budget. ;)

Seriously, though--HERO needs to get the word out about this.

The ad is slightly misleading in that implies that Champions II is Champions 2nd Edition. However, given that the 1st and 2nd editions have the same cover and that Champions II did come out when the main rulebook was the 2nd edition, it's probably not a bad decision to use it.