Hero Central Down for??

Beast

Re: Hero Central Down for??

Dan' date=' is there any way for a game owner / GM to be sent the data from their game(s)?[/quote']

For a more in depth discussion of why this isn't feasible, see the link to the last time Hero Central seemed down for the count:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/93948-HEROCentral-Down-For-the-Count-(i-e-Server-Stability)?highlight=relational+database

Here's a pertinent quote from that thread:

The database is still intact' date=' but is a fully relational db structure that would require a moderate amount of effort to export in any meaningful format.[/quote']

Simon could we please have an Update on HERO Central.

Thank you

QM

That's likely the way it's going to stay for the foreseeable future' date=' unfortunately. The difference in the server load statistics is night and day with HC down. The attacks are still happening (sporadically), but are not having much of a measurable impact.[/quote']

Ouch.

This is maybe an odd question, but I just this morning found this site: http://roll20.net/.

I haven't had a chance to use it, but I sort of wonder if it could be use for a Hero System game, at least temporarily.

I found this site and will be trying my first game on it next Friday. Testing it I can figure out how to do every thing on it pretty easily except counting body dice.

Moving my game to a new site

We (Jim and Randi) have moved our game, Solo Chicago 2, to a new site at Kyper.net, if anyone is interested. Here's a link:

See our web site at http://pyre.weebly.com for background information, character-building guidelines, house rules, etc.

If you want to play in our game, you need to sign up for membership in Kyper.net.

• If you're already a member of Solo Chicago, great!

• If you're not yet a member, apply and then ask Kyper to hook you up to play in Solo Chicago.

• And, of course, you need to write to me to ask me for entry into my game.

-- Jim Mills

• 3 weeks later...

I am thinking where would be most appropriate to direct people to connect with their GM's and players to continue the games' date=' so to me an actual 'Hero Central' forum made more sense then sending everyone to Player Finders or some other forum. If a dedicated forum isn't necessary, which existing forum would you suggest for Hero Central game coordination?[/quote']

Thinking along the same general lines -- since HC appears to be down for the count, does anyone have favorable experiences with other play-by-post sites? Google tells me that there are many (roleplay online, obsidian portal, ...), but it would be nice to hear from someone who plays Hero System and has personal first-hand experience with a site other than HC.

I'm thinking of starting an online game somewhere, but am at a loss for what venue might work best.

(If this is already discussed elsewhere, apologies and please point me there!)

I am having a lot of luck on roll20.net it is easy to use and the moderators are fast to answer questions.

The chat log is maintained indefinitely and the maps can be used live or on a play by post type opportunity. My players have checked the "board" without having to check with me. Combined with the potential for live play I would say it is 5 stars.

I am having a lot of luck on roll20.net it is easy to use and the moderators are fast to answer questions.

The chat log is maintained indefinitely and the maps can be used live or on a play by post type opportunity. My players have checked the "board" without having to check with me. Combined with the potential for live play I would say it is 5 stars.

I like roll20 for games that gather people in real time, but I tried it for a play by post, and that's really not what it's for...Epic Words (http://www.epicwords.com) is working out pretty well as a play by post site for one game I was in on Hero Central that migrated there after Hero Central went down for the count.

• 2 weeks later...