A different ending to "Foxbat Unhinged."

denizen

In the classic adventure Foxbat steals the Lamp of Aladdin from the Dimension of Confusion, granting him unlimited wishes. He goes onto to wish for ridiculous things like his own island based on the one from Thunderbirds, and then all the money in the world. Eventually the PCs defeat him, but unlike the original ending, instead Doctor Destroyer swoops in and takes the Lamp for himself.

Suddenly this silly scenario takes a very dark turn.

What does the good Doctor wish for first?

His own death. The Destroyer is bipolar, complicated with severe narcissistic personality disorder. His whole life is one long exercise in displaced suicidal ideation. His overt wish will be the realisation of some elaborate (and pointlessly destructive) scheme to rule the world. But it will have within it, at last, the certainty of his own death. Preferably in a way that ends existence in the process.

Given that one of the things he wants to do but hasn't been able to is stop his aging, a wish for immortality or eternal youth would probably be in there somewhere.

Once he has an unlimited amount of time, he might not even use the lamp any more.

"I have no need of such trinkets. I shall conquer the world with my own might and intellect."

What does the good Doctor wish for first?

Armor that doesn't chafe. Do you have any idea how much baby powder he has to use every day? (And how disappointed he was to learn that actual babies aren't an ingredient in baby powder, but that's a side issue.)

On a more serious note, would Doctor Destroyer wish for anything? He's not really the believe-in-magic sort, is he? I could see him interrogating or dissecting the genie of the lamp, believing him to be either an extra-terrestrial or an extra-dimensional being.

"You are an emissary of the Empress, aren't you? I shall send you back to her in pieces. Perhaps then she will get the message that this world is mine, and mine alone."

• 2 weeks later...
On a more serious note' date=' would Doctor Destroyer wish for anything? He's not really the believe-in-magic sort, is he? I could see him interrogating or dissecting the genie of the lamp, believing him to be either an extra-terrestrial or an extra-dimensional being.[/quote']

Agreed - Dr. D is way too warry of magic. And on top of that Genie magic is notorious for backfiring. For every Aladin Movie, there are 100 Stories about not wishing anything from a Genie!

For him asking a Genie for something is like asking Foxbat to Paint the newest Destroyer Bots - "I don't know how he managed to cause a Nuclear Meltdown. He only had paint and there isn't even any radioactive material in this design yet! Plus he choose a very odd coloration..."

Maybe if he really studied everything there is about these guys and how wishes will backfire he has prepared the perfect wish. But this being Genie magic and him propably way overestimating his wihsing abilities, this will backfire.