Worst Comic Book Character/Group

Cassandra

Early 90s Image (except The Maxx and 1963)*, 90s Marvel, 70s DC (except Legion of Super Heroes), ninety percent of "The New 52"**, Wolverine, Cable, The Punisher, anything touched by Rob Liefeld or Jim Lee.

That's all I got for now.

*There are probably several other comics you could mention, but I'm referring to the prominent million-selling ones. Does anyone remember Tribe, Wetworks, or Shaman's Tears?

**Sturgeon's Law in action.

Let's add Kirby's Jimmy Olsen (though I guess it's part of the 4th world sage but nobody remembers), Kamandi (I sometimes think I'm the only fan of this), and Grell's Warlord.

I cannot believe we have got this far without mentioning the worst adaptation of a comic book character to film. Ladies' date=' Gentlemen and interested others I give you the Cannon films version of Captain America with the Italian Red Skull.[/quote']

I had almost buried my memory of that movie

curse you.

To be fair, it had ONE part I did like...

it was when a newly awakened Captain America got into the car only to realize the car was German, and the radio in it was Japanese. The whole 'Did we WIN?' panicked look in his eyes was priceless.

But yeah, the movie was an atrocity

Worst group? Alpha Flight. I mean, seriously!? Canadians? Pfft. Yeah, that'll work. :rolleyes:

grouchomarx.jpg

Hey, hey! Canada's more awesome than Columbus, Ohio, Austria, Burbank, New Jersey, Uzbekistan and Latvia all rolled together!

And I don't see what's stereotypical about a team consisting of an Indian shaman, a hockey-themed hero, a slutty French girl with personality disorder brought on by strict ol'd Sister Maria Elephant at the convent school, and her snooty French brother. (Who, OMG, turns out to be gay!) "James Mackenzie Hudson?" Now there's a Canadian name! All we're missing for out-of-the-box thinking is a Ukrainian CFL linebacker from Saskatchewan.

I have to agree that Captain America 1992 was the worst movie adaption. Then again I don't think that Batman and Robin 1997 was that bad. It was bad, but had Uma Thurman and that makes up for a lot.

Special Mention to the Turkish movie Captain America vs. Spider-Man. Spider-Man is the villain and Captain America shows up once. It does have the virtue of being too confusing to be offensive.

Roger Corman's Fantastic Four movie had no expectations and while horrible wasn't a real effort.

Early 90s Image (except The Maxx and 1963)*, 90s Marvel, 70s DC (except Legion of Super Heroes), ninety percent of "The New 52"**, Wolverine, Cable, The Punisher, anything touched by Rob Liefeld or Jim Lee.

*There are probably several other comics you could mention, but I'm referring to the prominent million-selling ones. Does anyone remember Tribe, Wetworks, or Shaman's Tears?

Fair enough. I hereby revise the above: "...70s DC, except for Legion of Superheroes and all the stuff you guys mentioned..." Happy? ;-) (New Gods *was* insanely awesome though :-D )

Incidentally, you're not entirely wrong. 70s DC included a lot of awful stuff. I find a lot of 70s Batman close to unreadable, and the Superman stories of the time featured absurd power levels without the creative madness of the 50s and early 60s. Dull, dull, dull. Once upon a time, characters and concepts like Brainiac, Bizarro, the Bottle City of Kandor, Supergirl, the Legion of Superheroes and all the other crazy and silly ideas were new - and most of them were created within a few months of each other. Every issue would come out with some weird new concept. But that was the 50s. By the 70s, things were much more pedestrian. There was, however, a lot of very readable stuff in other titles.