Well, they put class changes up for Legion today: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/artifacts/

That's the "class features" page. Guess they were too lazy to rename it from artifacts.

Only looked at a couple of my classes, but so far I'm not impressed. I don't have much faith in the current team to make these kind of sweeping gameplay changes. I guess I'll work on all of my alts and see which one sucks less after the pre-launch patch goes live before deciding which to play, if any.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been busy the last couple days so forgot to mention this one:

Over on Champions Online, they're fixing some of the disorganization of the costume creator / tailor menus. There is a side effect: If your character's costume has an item on it that's been moved, when you go into the tailor screen, your costume will be reset to the default. This won't affect your sliders. If you don't edit your costume (ever) then it won't be changed. This is important if you're using a glitch to get an effect. If you tend to tweak your costumes, you'll want to make sure you screenshot them so you can have a reference for rebuilding them.

Here's the thread on the CO forums:

Massive Tailor Category Overhaul

It's a good sign that they're taking time and resources (including hiring the new dev who's working on this) to work on overhauling an existing system that needed some cleaning up, despite the possible inconvenience.

I just noticed, on CO I can copy and paste my character's build into the bio section. I never use them for bios anyway, and it makes it handy to reference as I level up, without having to tab out to look it up.

I decided to make a Laser Sword build for my freeform slot. I'm just using a build I found online:

http://champions-online.proboards.com/thread/2993/polariton-light-burns

Kenpo's builds are pretty solid. I'm not sure if I'm sold on Laser Sword, but I can always respec. Still only level 14.

It hurts the eyeesss. :D

Meanwhile, on Champions Online . . . I decided to go with power armor beams for my Christmas tree topper of Dooooom. Using the build for Starlight, a few posts down in this thread. I just wasn't feeling the laser swords. The beams seem a bit more forgiving on energy, and the range keeps me out of some of the splash damage melee always gets caught in.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a drop from the Nephilim guys over in VB.

Looks like they changed up the holiday event. They have like five or six types of items that drop that are used as currencies for the holiday shop. They've got a new Archetype in there (Ice DPS, I forget the name of it), a vehicle, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm pretty sure at least the AT and vehicle are new. I'm still Silver now, though, and the lack of bag space sucks with the zillions of holiday drops.

• 2 weeks later...

Still just messing about in Champions Online this week, leveling my freeform and a couple of other characters. I'm doing a Darkness character as my freeform now. I deleted the darkness character and then used that slot to make the angel above a Radiant AT. I wasn't loving the energy hog PA powers, though the build was decent enough. The Darkness build is more tanky, though, and will be a stronger solo character.

Just noticed on the loading screen that they're having some after-Christmas sales on CO, the biggest one being half off on freeform slots. That may be handy if anyone has Zen laying around (still not worth the cash IMO) and wants another freeform slot that can be played when silver. Powers and ATs are also on sale on the other sale, but only the usual 20% off that they're always running on something or other.

I didn't even peak my head in the door over on GW2 or Wildstar to see what they're doing for the holidays. Just doing CO b/c it's the easiest to hop on and off of for shorter play sessions. The Alerts are handy for that. If the game had more stuff to do at cap, I'd probably play it a lot more. Or even Adventure Packs or Comic Series coming out on a regular basis would be nice. One a quarter would probably be a decent pace if they had the dev resources for it.

Its Winter Veil time on World of Warcraft again.  Everyone gets presents under the tree, including a sled you can pull people or pets around on.  

Coming this new years is our guild's annual Gnew Year's Gnaked Gnome Run.  We start up level 1 gnomes and run totally without any gear across the landscape to improbable and dangerous places, dying horribly and having lots of fun together.  The run is from Steamfont to Darnassus, the long way: down through Stranglethorn across the boat to the plains and up through Orc territory.

The run is on the 1st of January 2016, Sentinels Server.  More details will be made available as we draw near.

• 2 weeks later...

Found this today:

I'm not sure if any of these CoH successors will make it off the ground, but it looks like they've made a bit of progress. I like the level of detail in the city environment, nice variety of building types, and the streets have street signs with names. I can't think of another MMO that's bothered with naming their streets and signage. I've always thought that'd be useful.