I should do the 14 hour patch and fire it up again.  I do enjoy SWTOR, but not in long periods.  Just short bursts

I think I mentioned this in a previous post but I agree wholeheartedly.

I wanted to love SWTOR but just couldn't get past the arbitrary restrictions they put on the characters and the way the game feels like it's on rails.

There's a dearth of sci-fi based MMOs in the market and I wanted so desperately to have that itch scratched by SWTOR that I can't really play it very long without logging off and unistalling it in fit of disappointment.

PS: Sorry for the lack of anything really meaningful in this post PG . . . 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a run down on the MMOs I currently (and occasionally) play:

WoW:

The pre-patch for Legion is dropping this Tuesday. Get those garrison missions done! Also, convert all of your garrison resources to gold because the Smuggled Sack of Gold is going bye-bye.

I still haven't finished that last fight in Brawler's Guild. It's annoying, because I'm close, just can't get him down fast enough in phase 2. I may take a few more cracks at it this weekend, but my hands get sore after a while. Oh, well.

I got my Windwalker Monk up to 80 this week. I'd left her parked at 46 for the longest time.

Wildstar:

I poked my head in the door today, and they've dropped a new patch. They're also doing double XP from today to the 18th. My highest level there is only 19th, so I may take advantage of that to start a new Esper and/or Engineer. Those seem to be the classes that hurt my hands the least for extended playing.

The Elder Scrolls Online:

Saw an Amazon vendor with this for half off, and snagged it. Looks interesting so far. The control scheme is very similar to Skyrim, yet somehow less annoying for me, so hopefully I'll be able to get my twenty bucks out of it. I liked the originality they showed this time around by having my character start out as a prisoner . . .

The Secret World:

I saw this on Amazon for a measly $13 bucks and snagged it too. Same as with TESO, I've only stuck my head in the door. (Just got these yesterday.)  I'm pretty impressed. The game is immersive. The environments are very detailed, and the sound is amazing. Lots of voice acting and some truly hilarious dialog trees. The Illuminati corporate doubletalk is especially funny.

Champions Online:

They're doing double XP for story missions (Comic Series and Adventure Packs) from the 14th to the 21st. Nothing much else going on there. I haven't stuck my head in the door for a while over there. They do seem to be trickling out small updates like costume pieces, the occasional event content, some power set revamps that have been ongoing for a while, etc. So, it seems it has a little life in it. I still like to hop on there and blow stuff up from time to time. If it ever got a major content patch with new zones and more content, it'd be pretty solid IMO.

Guild Wars 2:

I haven't check in there for a loooong time. No idea what's going on. For all of the game's strengths, I just can't get into it for an extended period. I think my highest level is still only 35 or so.

DDO:

I dropped this a while back. It's gotten really repetative since the first round of level cap increases. Too much stuff to grind, and in general the game requires too much time just on stuff like inventory clean up and management to be a second (or 3rd, or 4th or . . .) MMO.

There has been to many changes to CO since I started. I can't really get into it like I used to.

I'm in a similar boat. The content just doesn't appeal to me anymore. I tend to play more with the costume generator, trying to find inspiration for character concepts, since I'm one to come up with ideas from pictures.

So they finally figured out that people were playing for free using resources and buying game time?  Took them long enough.

Not quite. Nobody plays for free. The token system works like this:

Player A buys a WoW token for $20, and can sell it on the auction house for the going rate (lately around 40k gold). Player A has money but no time to or interest in making gold through in game activities. So, he has a way to turn real money into gold without risking having his account banned for buying from gold sellers. This option naturally cuts into the black market for RMT gold sellers, and reduces their incentive to farm gold.

Player B buys Player A's WoW token off the auction house. Player B has gold and doesn't want to pay money to play. But Blizzard has just made five dollars more than they would have if Player B had simply subscribed. I think it's no coincidence that Blizz made gold so easy to get in WoD, as every player buying tokens makes them five extra bucks a month. Not to mention, by making it easier for players to make gold, it further disincentives the gold farmers.

So, it's a Win-Win-Win situation. Both types of player win, Blizzard wins because they make more money off of people who pay with gold (and that's five to fifteen bucks, not just the five, because at least some players will pay gold when they're not willing to pay cash during lulls in content release -- like me), and everybody wins by putting a dent in the gold farming activity.

The reason the garrison gold is getting nerfed is because Blizzard doesn't want people to feel like they have to keep maintaining their garrisons as an income source. New sources of income will become available. If nothing else, anyone set up with multiple capped garrison alts to make real money can simply run MoP raids instead.

Phat lewt~!

Hehe. Not super phat, but worth running the macros. I won't be using those garrison resources for anything after today anyway. Most of my characters are sitting close to the resource cap. So, say they have around 9k on average. The bags drop 15g on average, so that's 180 bags * 15g = 2700g average. I have ten capped characters. One is always low on resources for some reason. So of the 9 left, that's about 24,300g. Most of it one server. Not too shabby. A bit over half a game time token. Or, for that one poor character that I abandoned by himself on a server, faster flying. =)

Heh, I was just coming here to post that. GMTA.

My favorite is the PVP talent message. There's a constant source of irritation for ya.

I never did finish opening all of my lockboxes last night. I was trying to fish out the follower weapon and item upgrades so I could vendor them at the full rate. Oh, well. I'm glad to be done with garrison stuff. I'll probably be spending the next couple of days opening the crates and unlocking item appearances. I'm going to need to put a month of game time on my old account so I can get my Defias leather set, since it seems you have to log in a character to add the appearances it's unlocked to your account wardrobe. I probably have a few other old models that aren't available anymore scattered across my lowbie alts on that account. I also need to raid my brother in law's old guild bank. :eg:

Another tidbit I just stumbled upon: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/4ts811/blizzard_has_just_wiped_out_major_city_rp_and/

tl;dr: If there's too many people in a zone, everyone is randomly divided up into different phases. Doesn't matter ify ou're from the same server or even guild, you get shunted aside with no way to see other people without partying.

Apparently, they don't allow you to switch instances like many other games.