Icy Veins has an interview with Tom Chilton and Ion Hazzikostas up.

Edit: Just finished reading it. Looks promising. The only bit that seems worrisome is: "The development team is looking closely at the core fantasy for each class." They can make some pretty sweeping class changes (Hunters for one, this time, though I'm actually looking forward to that change) when they start saying stuff like that.

I haven't seen any change in the tech level since it launched. There have been tonks, gyrocopters, shredders, tunneling machines, etc., and Gnomeregan has been a radioactive wasteland since launch. Tech level is about the same as usual.

Oil rigs have come in more since Goblins were added. I think the association is that oil rigs are dirty, environmentally unfriendly affairs and the Goblins are greedy little turds, so you usually find oil rigs or similar with them. Goblins and oil or chemical refineries have also been around since launch; for example, there's the quest area in Stranglethorn Vale with Venture Co. goblins and a big chemical mess that looks a lot like oil rigs/refineries.

WoW has drifted further from fantasy in each expansion.  I mean this latest one you have an oil rig and air craft carriers.  Time to dial it back a bit.

I haven't seen any change in the tech level since it launched. There have been tonks, gyrocopters, shredders, tunneling machines, etc., and Gnomeregan has been a radioactive wasteland since launch. Tech level is about the same as usual.

Oil rigs have come in more since Goblins were added. I think the association is that oil rigs are dirty, environmentally unfriendly affairs and the Goblins are greedy little turds, so you usually find oil rigs or similar with them. Goblins and oil or chemical refineries have also been around since launch; for example, there's the quest area in Stranglethorn Vale with Venture Co. goblins and a big chemical mess that looks a lot like oil rigs/refineries.

You guys need to remember, the world of Warcraft(small w) had oil rigs even back in Warcraft 2, the RTS many of us originally found about the franchise from. Both sides in that game had access to them as they were needed for war ships.

You guys need to remember, the world of Warcraft(small w) had oil rigs even back in Warcraft 2, the RTS many of us originally found about the franchise from. Both sides in that game had access to them as they were needed for war ships.

I sucked at the RTS. I had the demo for the original, and never got past like the fifth mission or so. :D

Were the oil rigs run by the goblins in WC?

Hey guys. I pre-ordered the GW2 Expansion so I got to beta for an hour this weekend with the new class. 

the new zone is pretty

The class is interesting but I kind of sucked with it.

I'm eager to start the Living story again. And was impressed that they brought my voice back. Your character speaks, the abandonment of cutscenes left me kind of feeling like I was a dim-witted child with everyone explaining and doing exposition. Now your character is in on the act and taking charge, giving orders. It was pretty neat. I'm not really all that thrilled with the Mordremath (sp?) main boss. I don't particularly care for the plant type enemies anymore...would like to see more variety but it's story driven. 

The poor Sylvari though. This is going to be a tough chapter for them. 

From the Motley Fool: Activision Blizzard Inc. Doesn't Need "World of Warcraft" Anymore

Title is nonsense, like most headlines found on the web. They may not "need" WoW, but it's still a huge cash cow.

Edit: After scanning the article, it seems like the headline isn't the only nonsense in it. The author's simply parroting back crap found on various gaming blogs, and not putting any original thought into the article. I was expecting some numbers here. (Accurate ones.) And some analysis. That article doesn't really belong on a financial website. Oh, well, jumped the gun on posting it.

I've got...

...4 alts to level to max in Draenor

...to get the stuff in order to tame Gara on my hordie hunter

...trap enough beasts so I can get a lvl3 Barn so I can get the pygmy cow pet

...new rares to kill (for pets & toys)

...new pets to tame

...that ONE ANNOYING TREASURE CACHE in Tanaan with the Apexis crystals to snag.  No, I will NOT jump for it

...easier to visit the pet battle trainers (and maybe the Seaborn Spore will FINALLY drop)

...to grind Shattari Defense rep (for pet, mount & toys)

...easier to grind archaeology. My ally pally has 3 dig sites in Frostfire Ridge!

...to get 21 more of Nat's stupid coins so I can get the mount

...to grind elites in Fangri'la -- so I can get the mount & last pet (see the trend?)