How many character sheets is to many?

JmOz

Re: How many character sheets is to many?

The most I've had for a PC in a game I've run is 8 sheets with 10 identities (two of them had Secret IDs, and one was even hired to track the other). That was also in the same game with a duplicator, with three distinct forms. So, in an 8 player game, I was actually running for 18 different PCs.

Heya JmOz! Based on what was written, it's how many sheets for a character. Mmm, I generally keep the old sheets for a character so I can see the progression of the character from it's beginning to it's current sheet. Some show a general progression of powers and skills, one shows a complete rewrite at some point. I usually have 1-3 sheets per character, although one of the players has a folder for just one character. :) If you start including things like scrapsheets for stats during the course of an adventure, background and whatnot, well.... Heheh.

I am working on a memebr of my Centurians, at last count she is going to have 20 different character sheets:

1 for her

4 for her followers

1 for her base

Okay so far not really that bad, here is where things get confusing, this part she is also getting points from another member (who also chipped in on the base):

2 Vehicle, one I have not designed yet, but it will probably only be one sheet, the other has the following however:

2 Multiforms

2 MORE multiforms

5 Duplicates, one of the duplicates has

1 Summon and

2 Multiforms

For a total of 20 Character sheets...YIKES

Also one of the multiforms (the first set of two) include the same summons AND the other includes one of the Duplicates, the second set of Multiforms all have the duplicates (all five)

YOUCH

This is not a new problem. Back in 1E AD&D days I had characters with 25+ sheets.

Ditto. I had all my spells and abilities written out so I didn't have to consult the books in mid-game.

Most recently, I had a character with I think 15 sheets; a Multiformer who switched between various special effects in a Ben 10 kind of way in that she didn't always tap into the right set of powers she wanted, but at least always got powers. It was easy to just turn the sheets upside down, shuffle them up, then pick one at random when I failed my Power roll to get the one I wanted. I eventually retired the character because one of the other players kept referring to my character as a 'novella' and it got on my nerves.

Too many character sheets is when...

• ...the GM announces that, in the future, all characters must be able to fit in a 3" three-ring binder.
  • ...the GM carries a portable hard drive with your character's name on it.
  • ...the GM's reaction to seeing the collection includes the words "Steve Long" and "Tyrannon the Conqueror."
  • ...the GM is nervous about how you're going to spend your next five Experience Points.
  • ...one of the other players, who also GMs, asks for copies and offers $24.95 plus shipping and handling.
  • ...the only way you can tell the difference between it and The Ultimate Skill by touch is by feeling for the binding.
  • ...the local copy center offers you bulk discounts.

Basically, if the GM's OK with it, then it's OK.

This is not a new problem. Back in 1E AD&D days I had characters with 25+ sheets.
Definitely. In fact, the most sheets I've had for a character was a D&D Druid. Character + Animal Companion + Equipment + Spells (2 sheets) + Wildshape + Summons (4+ sheets) ... 10+ sheets, many of them double-sided. And this wasn't even with listing every possible summoned creature, wildshape form, or spell - just the ones I actually used.