Concept to full art from Storn Year 12

death tribble

WHAT ??????!!!!!!!

You DARE take my idea and adapt it ?????!!!!!!

I shall turn up on your doorstep and give you a HARD stare.

But I might be in disguise. So any insect, bird or animal, or maybe at a stretch a human, who gives you a hard stare in the next few days, that might be me.

Well, yeah.  Plagarism is the sincerest form of compliment.   :winkgrin:

Chris.

• 2 months later...

I know Amerigon, the Stars and Stripes Dragon with scales of galaxy spangled tesseracts in midnight blue, crimson scaled wings with white membrane striated by red fingers and golden fangs and claws on rampant talons might be considered a patriotic beast, what with the starfire breath and eagle eyes..

But I still have to put this image forward, since it crawled out of my brain and has yet to let me go.

And I'm not even American.

The Incredible Hulk decides to be Batman's sidekick -- much to the chagrin of Batman.  So the Hulk swipes a Robin costume and squeezes into it, somehow.  The costume is designed for a 13 year old boy, and Hulk is barely contained within, with a cape that goes down to his shoulder blades and briefs that... it's best not to think about.  And a little domino mask.

Hulk follows Batman around, crouching on ledges, crashing through roofs as Batman crashes through a skylight, and telling a terrified guard "HULK AM QUIET!!!" as they sneak into a villain's lair.

Agent Orange's brightly colored armor covers the full NBC containment suit under it, the forearm plates have hoses connecting to the tankfuls of various chemical concoctions on his back.

Anchor was a Japanese fisherman pulled overboard in a storm by his namesake, mutant abilities manifesting and turning him into that metal.  He now uses that anchor and chain like a kusari-gama.

Attilla the Gun is a cyborg with a cannon instead of his right hand, who can change the abilities and configuration of the weapon by swapping around parts of his body.

Big Shot is 5 meters tall and built like a tank, because he's a mecha that transforms into one.  The "head" of the mecha is the tank turret.

Black Jack is "grim avenger of the night" type, simply because the white fur, long floppy ears and cottonballl tail look a bit silly in the daytime.

Bubbles got into an accident at the chemical plant when several things (including her) got into the soap-making process.  Now she can manifest different kinds and colors at will for various offensive and defensive purposes, including the classic gerbil ball.

Cactus wears a green bodysuit and is covered in footlong (or greater) bony spines, which he can share with others.

Fine Red Mist was brutally and hideously killed, but the cloud of blood particles stuck around, ignoring all but the most lethal attacks from which he would Resurrect from.

Flamingogo is still human, but her left hand's weighted glove looks like the bird's head, the other a wing.  On top of the pink bodysuit is a 70's era outfit complete with leg warmers.

Godspeed looks like what many people envision a priest should - a brown robe with hood and purple drape, albeit with a pair of sneakers on his feet.

Grenadier's power armor is bulkier than most, a gunmetal gray with blue highlights, with large multibarrel grenade launchers attached to each forearm and lower leg.

Ion is a geek obsessed with a sci-fi television show and movie series.  His ionic powers include flight, cloaking, shields and various blasts.  His costume makes him look like one of the shows' starships.

Jade is a classicly built (and dressed) sumo wrestler who magically transforms into his namesake stone.

Knightmare is an egoist clad in black plate armor that should not be long looked upon, lest the ever changing Lovecraftian wrongness of it break your mind.

She wears a brightly colored full length cloak and hood, the only clothing the can survive her transformation into...Little Red Riding Wolf.

Nitro's "costume" is a pair of bermuda shorts, after an accidental overdose of experimental heart medication makes the speedster's every movement EXPLOSIVE.

Oxford is a minotaur-type superhuman who wears a tuxedo when actively superheroing, as "That's what a proper gentleman should do."

Paperdoll's costume is the height of fashion, as everything looks good on her two-dimensional frame.

Six Shooter looks a bit like your average old west gunslinger, except that he has a pistol in each of his six hands.

Wyldfyre is a human lava lamp in orange and yellow throwing blobs of firey stuff at opponents.

Chris.  Is wearing an oddly patterned tie-dye tshirt and blue jeans.  Odd chic for a geek.

Okay, so after a long hiatus away from the boards, it is interesting to see this up again. Since this is for art, I am less about telling the story and more about representing some visual aspect. As I am not an artist, I will refrain from being too specific on imagery.

Zero Coefficient, an inventor of a substance with zero friction coefficient. It does not adhere to anything. This is more in-line with a Batman level of hero. He moves using this frictionless substance bonded into a suit. The suit has various pads on it to create actual friction so he can use them as control and launching points. Combined with a series of movement enhancing devices, similar to batman grapples/spiderman launchers for cables that allow him to make tight turns, he is a sort of speedster. Add a mask to keep his face from peeling off, some vision enhancing goggles with accompanying computer strapped to his back, and a few armored bits to use for his attacks/defense and it makes for an interesting visual, I think.

Engine, a behemoth in an armored suit. Rather than slick lines and LED lit strips, Engine is a giant armored suit with all the finesse of a charging rhinocerous. Black smoke spewing out of smoke-stacks, revving red hot pipes and lots of hydraulics. While Tony Stark might be slick and highly technological, Engine is exactly the opposite, a culmination of advances in the most reliable and hard wearing work machines, Engine is a whole other kind of hero. Blue collar, practical, and maybe a little ugly... but gets the job done. I see something more a cross between a bulldozer and a battlemech, not quite enormous, but pretty big for an armor type superhero.

I believe I presented these ideas before, a long time ago. Still heroes I haven't had a chance to play yet. =)

Uzumaki, the japanese name for the mystical swirl symbol (I can't think of the dang name right now... a center-point with a single circular line progressing out from it...), with abilities and a look that centers on that swirl resulting in torque, pulling force, pushing force, and some seeming relation to the idea of a black hole. To be honest, no good ideas on how to depict that. =)

Learner and Teach call to mind opposites:

Learner's petahertz plasmonic power pours from his mind as a halo of light helmeting his head pierced by a pair of even more intense orbs where his eyes light up like magnesium flares; a mantle of pulsating energy arches and trails behind leaving a suggestion of massive pairs of unreal seraphic wings of pure ephemeral glow, while his hands clutch plasma spheres of lightning doppler shifted, the right producing a red shaft like a massive sword with a plasma ball hilt, the left a blue disk warping like an escutcheon with a plasma ball device. Commas of light trace the path of his feet as he levitates, battle ready, a figure of angelic beauty and lithe aspect.

Teach has a pair of steam driven scythes that retract from the stylized boney gauntlets he wears to fold back toward his forearms in mockish semblance of a dracolich's fleshless wings. His whole armored costume is theatrically designed to suggest a madness, a rage, by the master of props and swords crazed by unfathomable loss. His mask is the horned, ridged, perfect ivory of dragon seeming bleached by necromancy and darker arts, as carved by the grieving revenant who built this work to wreak vengeance and strike terror into the hearts of evildoers. His gauntlets contain a pair guns each, it is true, but the maker's art conceals them in a cage of LED lights meant to blind and confuse as if some unholy power contained in cages of bone and talon. When folded across his chest, his hands take on the appearance of baleful eyes and his whole shape suggests the form of a mystical dragon's head, aided by a concealed fog machine in his boots, and dramatic cloak of tattered scaley fabric like the loose rotted hide falling off the neck of the massive unliving beast. When the scythes swing forward to lock their tangs into the gauntlet mechanism, they form a pair of wickedly curved fighting blades, serated and menacing. Teach knows every trick of persuading the human mind to horror; he knows pain and loss; he knows profoundly how to share what he feels with whom he blames.

• 1 month later...

I would like to submit: El Minotauro Negro

El Minotauro Negro is a very large and powerfully built luchador who works as an enforcer for the Mexican Cartels. He is heavily scarred and hairy, with a chestful of coarse, black hair. He wears a stylized black and silver luchador mask with matching tights and wrestling boots. Aside from heavy silver bracers, his only other accessory is a gaudy championship belt he won during his time as professional wrestler. Possessing super strength, durability, and a vast array of wrestling techniques, El Minotauro Negro is also capable of transforming into an Enormous sized black-furred minotaur (like his namesake).

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...