AOE: Arc?

HeroGM

Was curious how people wrote up a power that only works in an arc (180 degrees more or less). More than a cone but less then a full diameter (i.e. "radius").

I can see (using hexes) Any area locked at 3 "Hex sides". Any suggestions?

That's something that always got me in the rules. The fact that you buy "radius" but it's 360 degrees around.

I agree with hyper-man though about the +1/4 versus +1/2. Can also see the use of a limitation on a full buy of radius.

A disc type Lucasfilm "explosion" radius would be handy as well

The Advanced Player's Guide has Two-Dimensional as an option on Area of Effect (1/4 less Advantage).  It creates a Radius or Cone that's a 2m high circle or triangle instead of a full sphere or cone.

I think the issue with that option is that the character is still getting less coverage than with the other options.  With Radius or Cone a much bigger area is affected than Any Area. A Limited Radius or custom (wider) Cone seems like the better fit.