Just Being Dumb

Seraphim

There was a similar thread in the Company Question forum, and this was there

Originally posted by Polaris

In a posting on the GoO Blog (their "update the fans" portion of the webpage... kinda like the weekly update from Steve here) dated September 24, GoO announced that Reality Storm is being passed over to lay out. I am not sure how long it takes to get from lay out to production, but just wanted to pass on that it is making some progress...:)

Polaris

Don't know how much progress has been made since that post.

This seems like a great idea for a roleplay supplement, as i did not set my superhero campaign in the champions universe. But I would like my characters to be able to meet some of the characters and fight like this reality storm.

i have an old group of champions back during fuzion champions, I have remade them for 5th ed and I am going to run an adventure with them in the new champs setting therefore i can get the old champs group and this new group together for a fight against dr. destroyer and the main antagonist of my world D'Oragen.

Without cliche? Bah! Embrace the cliche, my friend. These are comic book adventures.

The classics are

• In pursuing a villain through a portal the characters of one reality find themselves in the reality of the other.
  • A high level game is being played between two superpowers, pitting the champions of both universes against one another.
  • An enormous reality show is being filmed, engineered by individuals who want to see what happens when two groups of heroes stop being polite and start getting real.
  • The "visiting" set of heroes are, in this reality, a fiction! They're in comic books and movies and don't really exist, until some master criminal (or even a kid with an uncontrolled power) manages to pull them right off the pages and into our reality.

Originally posted by Darren Watts

The book includes a complete translation between TriStat and Hero. Also writeups of sixteen characters, eight from each setting, done as examples in the other company's system. dw

So any hint on which 16.. I would assume the villians in the showdown?

I'd also like to compare the good Dr. to the SAS characters in thier native system. heh.... that and see how close my "re-imagining" of Alice in HERO is to the "official" version. :D

They're straight conversions. The Guard themselves vary widely in point value. The conversion itself takes into account the "beginning character" levels of both systems, so more or less a character built on 125 points in TriStat will come out around 350 in Hero. As a rule of thumb, TriStat points convert at between 2 and 3 points in Hero. I don't have the numbers right here, but as I recall, Sentinel came out around 900 points, Red Phoenix around 650, and the other three were in the low 400s. All of the Champions translated between 110 and 170-something in TriStat.

However, any conversion between systems based on different assumptions will have a few discrepancies. For example, foci-based characters will be cheaper in Hero because our system puts a larger value discount on the weaknesses of focus-based powers. On the other hand, skills are pretty cheap compared to superpowers in TriStat, so heavily-skill-based characters like detectives, martial artists and scientists are a bit more expensive in Hero. There's no END in regular TriStat, either, though there is an option to add the effect, so reduced END costs can wog up the numbers. dw