MULTIVERSITY: Alternate Universe Campaigns for Champions

PhantomGM2602

Recently I've checked out MULTIVERSITY  created by DC comics and I was extremely intrigued by the possible universes there.

That got me wondering and thinking about the Champions Supplement CHAMPIONS IN 3D, what possible worlds can we create and visit in our Champs campaigns? How many dimensions have their own race of super humans? Which are the heroes and which are the villains and  most importantly, do these dimensions have their own mirror worlds? Here's some possible worlds shown below that I've scanned from the

Multiversity HC...post-302-0-49361600-1449619871_thumb.jpg

post-302-0-95629000-1449619878_thumb.jpg

post-302-0-82494200-1449619891_thumb.jpg

post-302-0-35382400-1449619884_thumb.jpg

Here's the Phantom's Challenge for this month and the start of the year: Create a Campaign using these worlds or include them in your campaign. You may some simularities in some of the big three comics and maybe some series that you've read before. Play these worlds and post a comparison between your campaign world and the world you've played in whether you loved it or hated it bet brutal but honest in your reviews and I'll post more alt worlds.

IIRC, Book of the Machine has a short section describing alternate realities in which Mechanon emerged triumphant, etc.   There is also the 'Crisis' style adventure Reality Storm (Champions U. vs. the Silver Age Sentinels).  Both are still available in the store!

A dedicated supplement describing the multiverse in detail would be nice, though.  I've always thought a campaign with a dimension-hopping theme would be fun (kinda like the old show Sliders, but hopefully cooler!)

Well here's some more Alternate worlds.

Earth X:[post-302-0-12138500-1449793744_thumb.jpg

Earth CH:post-302-0-86556400-1449793664_thumb.jpg

Alt Earths 5: post-302-0-46364100-1449793636_thumb.jpg

Alt Earths 6post-302-0-84000300-1449793649_thumb.jpg

Thunderworld [Earth SHazam]:post-302-0-04451400-1449793688_thumb.jpg

Alt Earths 9: post-302-0-73146600-1449793707_thumb.jpg

Alt Earths 10:[post-302-0-18141400-1449793764_thumb.jpg]

If any of you want to create these worlds, dig up a copy of CHAMPIONS IN 3D for the 4th ed hero system and adapt  the dimension creation system found in the book.

post-302-0-08078900-1449793728_thumb.jpg

there is "left handed earth" where heroes are evil and vice

In an old Adventurer's Club there was an article on Alternate Realities.  Some examples  .  . .

Red World 1 - The Soviet Union invades the United States.  Limited Nuclear attacks take out U.S. ICBMs and the war is mostly conventional.  The heroes must aid the resistance.

Red World 2 - In the 1950's an charismatic independent President candidate promises something for everyone and wins.  It's revealed to be a Communist plot and the government uses patriotic symbols to keep the people in line.

Nazi World - A Nazi scientist disregards orders and uses the work of Einstein to build the first atomic bomb for German.  The first two bombs are used on Leningrad and London, forcing the surrender of England and Russia.  The U.S. surrenders in the 1950s when Germany develops ICBMs.

Opposite World - In 1776 General Washington betrays the American Revolution and becomes Emperor George I.  In 1862 Emperor Abraham I signs the Extermination Proclamation executing the slaves.  In 1945 the American Empire develops the Atomic bomb and conquerors the world, and Emperor Franklin II is assassinated by Senator Truman who becomes Emperor Harold I.  Warning, the villains on our world are even worse on this reality.

Some ideals for alt Earths. 1) Ape World: Everyone is an intelligence gorilla. 2) Anime World: Think 'Ninja High School', but on a planetary level everywhere. Ninjas, Giant Robots, Magical Girls Heriams and Reverse Heriams are common. Teenagers are expected to protect the planet from almost everything. 3) Destroyer World: Doctor Destroyer is the absolute ruler of the world. Any powered individual are dead, slaves, or on hiding. 4) Crystal Tokyo/Golden Millennium: Yes, Crystal Tokyo exists, piece is achieved, and everyone lives for 1000 years. Of course, not everyone loves this erra, seeing that to achieve this, they have to 'summit' to the planetary rule of Neo Queen Serenity and King Endymion. 5) Iron Eden: Mechanon rules over a mechanical paradise. One problem...organic lifeforms still exist, somewhere in hiding in his paradise.

Disappearing Earth: The 'world' is simply a series of floating satellites conected to each other going around Earth's orbit around the sun. Sometime in the past, Earth simply disappeared with no reason knowen, and forcently for mankind, many were abord the satellites before it happened.

More alt Earths.

1) Dino World: Simply put, Dinosaurs did not become extinct in this world (nor can they only be found in hidden valleys, inside the Earth, ect). Man and dinosaur have lived side by side practuly forever. Feathered or lizard skinned? That is up to each GM.

2) Darkworld: The sun shines here, but very little of the sun's light gets through the thick clouds here. And it is extremely hot. Perfect for day hating vampires and such. (See the video game series Vampire, better known as Darkstalkers)

3) Alt Super World: Different superheroes and super villains exist here than your own Earth. Are they from your GM's favorite comic books? Or simply products from the GM's mind?

4) Waterworld: The Earth is flooded. The ice caps have melted. And still, life goes on both under and over the waves.

5) Megavillain Wins Earth: Simply pick any mastermind from your campaign. Congratulations, they won in this world. How are the players going to handle it? (See Destroyer World and Iron Eden for examples of MWE).

One I've played with off and on is Amazon Earth.  For whatever reason, the genes that allow superpowers only express themselves in people with a double X.  Thus all superhumans are women.  The few male superheroes are your badass normal types, with no super-technology.  At first, the true nature of the issue was hidden thanks to a couple of shapeshifters, women who disguised themselves as male in their super identity, and people with rare genetic conditions.

One I've played with off and on is Amazon Earth.  For whatever reason, the genes that allow superpowers only express themselves in people with a double X.  Thus all superhumans are women.  The few male superheroes are your badass normal types, with no super-technology.  At first, the true nature of the issue was hidden thanks to a couple of shapeshifters, women who disguised themselves as male in their super identity, and people with rare genetic conditions.

Excellent choice for an alternate earth SKJAM. Mind if I use it for a Court Of Dreams Fic?

Some ideals for alt Earths. 1) Ape World: Everyone is an intelligence gorilla.[four words : Been There, Done That.

2) Anime World: Think 'Ninja High School', but on a planetary level everywhere. Ninjas, Giant Robots, Magical Girls Harems and Reverse Gender Harems are common. Teenagers are expected to protect the planet from almost everything. Good Choice  but wasn't it done before?

. 3) Destroyer World: Doctor Destroyer is the absolute ruler of the world. Any powered individual are dead, slaves, or on hiding.

4) Crystal Tokyo/Golden Millennium: Yes, Crystal Tokyo exists, piece is achieved, and everyone lives for 1000 years. Of course, not everyone loves this era, seeing that to achieve this, they have to 'summit' to the planetary rule of Neo Queen Serenity and King Endymion. Another world  for the Court to go to

5) Iron Eden: Mechannon rules over a mechanical paradise. One problem...organic lifeforms still exist, somewhere in hiding in his paradise.

See above for my answers to your Post.

In an old Adventurer's Club there was an article on Alternate Realities.  Some examples  .  . .

Red World 1 - The Soviet Union invades the United States.  Limited Nuclear attacks take out U.S. ICBMs and the war is mostly conventional.  The heroes must aid the resistance.

[Excellent Choice,but Update it to events began by the Taliban and ISIS]

Red World 2 - In the 1950's an charismatic independent President candidate promises something for everyone and wins.  It's revealed to be a Communist plot and the government uses patriotic symbols to keep the people in line.[Make IT Muslim /Taliban World]

Nazi World - A Nazi scientist disregards orders and uses the work of Einstein to build the first atomic bomb for German.  The first two bombs are used on Leningrad and London, forcing the surrender of England and Russia.  The U.S. surrenders in the 1950s when Germany develops ICBMs.[Define what event triggered this tangent reality, how did Einstein's work fall into Nazi hands?]]

Opposite World - In 1776 General Washington betrays the American Revolution and becomes Emperor George I.  In 1862 Emperor Abraham I signs the Extermination Proclamation executing the slaves.  In 1945 the American Empire develops the Atomic bomb and conquerors the world, and Emperor Franklin II is assassinated by Senator Truman who becomes Emperor Harold I.  Warning, the villains on our world are even worse on this reality.[Would like to see that- Flesh this world out please]

See above for replies.