Punch Someone through Barrier

DasBroot

One of my team-mates has a Barrier power.  I want to punch someone they have englobed.  Or punch someone through a window without breaking it.  Or a wall (I have penetrative sight).  Basically, this character really likes to punch things.

I think stretching for the reach is a good first step, but the built in indirect is insufficient even with the 'doesn't cross intervening space' advantage so I figure I need to take Indirect on it.

How many levels of Indirect do I need?  I think it's the +1/2 advantage - source point differs every use (instead of my body it's the other side of the barrier), path doesn't change (direct to whoever I punched) - but  I'm not certain.

Or is this even possible?

I was debating that internally myself.

If you put it on the strength the stretching still can't get through the obstruction and the strength still has no range (and can't have Range added to it) so I'm not sure what indirect would even do as a naked advantage on strength (except *very* expensively replicate the 5 point adder Alterable Origin Point?).

I guess you could add it to both but that seems excessive - and frankly at that point you're  better off buying Telekinesis with the Instant limitation on it (which was my first and simplest idea), but several of my attacks in the "Punch all the Things" multipower pool are compound power slots - like an eye gouge that is a +hth damage power with a 3 segment Sight Flash that I'd like to use.

One of my team-mates has a Barrier power.  I want to punch someone they have englobed.  Or punch someone through a window without breaking it.  Or a wall (I have penetrative sight).  Basically, this character really likes to punch things.

I think stretching for the reach is a good first step, but the built in indirect is insufficient even with the 'doesn't cross intervening space' advantage so I figure I need to take Indirect on it.

How many levels of Indirect do I need?  I think it's the +1/2 advantage - source point differs every use (instead of my body it's the other side of the barrier), path doesn't change (direct to whoever I punched) - but  I'm not certain.

Or is this even possible?

Last time I did something like that I bought Invisible Stretching with Indirect. So that they character could punch at range and through a barrier.

Stretching w/ the advantage: Does not cross interveining space

Portal Punch:  Stretching 40m, Does Not Cross Intervening Space (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (60 Active Points)

it is also great to simulate a teleport others against their will
range is limited

but really nice when you need to set somebody up for a dog pile

Stretching w/ the advantage: Does not cross interveining space

Portal Punch:  Stretching 40m, Does Not Cross Intervening Space (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (60 Active Points)

it is also great to simulate a teleport others against their will

range is limited

but really nice when you need to set somebody up for a dog pile

I believe that it would still need indirect to be able to punch through a barrier.

Since Stretching is already the approved method to use a character's personal STR at range I think the following section of the rules makes it clear that Indirect is only needed on the Stretching.

From 6e1 page 286:

Does Not Cross Intervening Space (+¼): One drawback to Stretching is that it leaves parts of the character’s body (usually the arms) open to attack. While an arm is Stretched across a battlefield, another character may try to cut it off or hurt it in some way. Stretching with this Advantage doesn’t have that problem, because it doesn’t involve literally elongating one’s body. Instead, the character’s Stretching doesn’t physically cross the intervening space between him and the target he wants to attack or touch. For example, a character who buys Stretching to simulate a mystic martial arts punch he can use at a distance takes this Advantage. So does a character who “Stretches” by creating two dimensional portals, reaching into Portal A, and having his hand come out of Portal B. A character cannot use Stretching with this Limitation to reach out, Grab someone, and drag him to the character, nor to reach out and drag himself upward, except with the GM’s permission.

The Does Not Cross Intervening Space Advantage does not impart any Indirect properties to Stretching that Stretching doesn’t already possess. For example, it doesn’t allow Stretching to automatically bypass Barriers or similar obstacles. If a character wants this type of Stretching to be that Indirect, he has to pay for that Advantage. Nor does this Advantage prevent a target from Blocking a Stretching attack, prevent the Stretched character from being Grabbed or taking damage from a Damage Shield, or provide any other benefit or expanded attack capacity other than what’s discussed here.

Characters cannot buy this Advantage for Stretching which allows them to distort the dimensions of their bodies, only for Stretching that’s limited to elongating the limbs and body.

Indirect: Since Stretching has some inherently Indirect properties, a character with Stretching can effectively treat many Ranged attacks as Indirect, by Stretching the emitting body part (or the hand holding the weapon) before attacking (unless the GM forbids this for some reason). However, if a character wants to make his Stretching even more Indirect (for example, to allow it to automatically bypass Barriers), he must pay the full cost of the Advantage; the existing Indirect aspects of Stretching don’t make the Advantage any cheaper.

HM

You have to buy a punch through barrier power that consists of hand to hand attack equal to the damage level, stretching that does not cross intervening space, and indirect on both.

Do you have a page number that references the need to buy HTH attack and having to buy indirect on both it and Stretching? or is this your houserule?