"Side Kick" as a PC

phydaux

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PSL's can never increase a character's OCV.

CSL's with Multiple Attack could theoretically give a character a higher OCV when performing that maneuver than when not.

Yeah, I can see where CSLs with Multiple Attack could get broken quickly. Which is why I was looking at PSLs.

Multiple Attack is in some ways MORE effective than having a higher SPD.  It doesn't need any discounts.

Well except for the whole you can't move or stand up or take a recovery or do anything aside from shoot again, but point taken. I'm not looking for a  break on cost tho - I'm actually looking to spend points to buy off the -2 OCV penalty.

Anyway, thanks for speculating.

I'm not a 6th edition guy, but I'll help if I can.

Your combat skill levels should normally be at the high end of the group.  You might even go with a DCV bonus based upon people underestimating you, or you being "not important" enough for people to really target.  Whatever the reason, people just don't hit you.

Are Boostable charges still a thing in 6th edition?  I love them.  I'd slap those on most of the slots in your multipower.  The special effect is that you're throwing a handful of the flash pellets/gas capsules/slut-a-rangs at your target at once.  You can add up to (I think) 4 damage classes to your attack by burning multiple charges at once.  The power gains a burnout roll when you do it, but if you fail it, just pretend you ran out of ammo.  This will let you ramp up your damage to a higher level than you normally would do.  I like 12 charges, boostable for my utility belt guys.

I'd reduce the value of the armor on your costume, and replace some of it with combat luck.  That way you've got some defense even if they catch you outside of your suit.

You're a martial artist and most of your attacks use charges.  You don't need 1/2 End on your Strength.

Your Body score seems excessive.  If you're a teenage girl (with 12 rPD), you probably don't need 20 Body.  12 or 13 would probably be sufficient.  Likewise you could probably get by with 30 End or so.  Then just tweak your stats a bit to find the sweet spots (18 Int, 13 Ego).

Oh, and another thing I like to do is to have a Movement Multipower:  You aren't going to be running and jumping and swimming all in one phase.

6 point Multipower -- "Athletic prowess"

1pt -- +6m Running

1pt -- +8m Leaping

1pt -- +8m Swimming

1pt -- 12m Swinging (sfx -- bouncing off of rooftops, flagpoles, etc, basically environmental movement: city)

1pt -- +1D6 Hand Attack

then add on (outside the multipower)

3 pts -- +12m Swinging, OAF grapnel

Your character can still bounce off of walls and objects, but she can go a lot farther with her grapnel.  That setup will save you 13 points (if my math is right).  And if you don't need to move a long distance in any given phase, you can use the Hand Attack slot and add a bit of "oomph" to your punches and kicks.

Do not work on my cellphone web browser also.

I figured out how to get this to work with my iPad.  The Way Back Machine at the top of the page has a date associated if that date is current "May 2015" there is no info available, but if you back up the date it works just fine!!  I have it working as of date Jun 19, 2009; all the explanations are there!!

Hopefully this thumbnail helps...

post-44182-0-03384300-1454305320_thumb.png

Edited by Amorkca