Both Guns Blazing

MrAgdesh

Bit out of touch with some design aspects so here I am. :)

I'm designing a character for 5th Ed Supers that uses twin pistols - 8 shots each with the Autofire advantage, max of two shots per pistol, per action. Whilst there are technically 'charges', the special effect is that the bullets mystically reappear in the clip at the mental command of the wielder, although this should take some time to 'reload' whenever so willed.

Assuming that at times I want to use both guns blazing rather than just one pistol, am I just best to design this power as an RKA Autofire 5 shots and special effects limit the shots to 4 (two per pistol) when twin firing, and 2 when firing a single gun?

What's the most legit approach on how to handle the ammo and reloading?

You could add an END reserve based on mental strength, the more bullets you fire, the more mental strength you use.  I would allow an EGO roll instead of a Fast Draw roll to reload as a half-phase. In a sense, I would say that you reload quickly by pushing your mind's strength to reload. 

I would allow you to build two guns with Autofire: 2 shots and then make combined attack when using both. Perhaps your GM would make it a Multiple Attack, which in that case you may want to take Rapid Autofire and Two-Weapon Fighting. 

How do you reload a pistol you're holding in one hand when you're holding ANOTHER pistol in the other hand?

That's why Chow Yun Fat carried six pistols, two in shoulder holsters, two in hip holsters, and two in crossdraw holsters. 

That's the part I don't know about either. :think:

See this thread for a 6e example of how to do everything else (easily converted to 5e).

http://www.herogames.com/forums/topic/91791-john-wick-for-6e/

;)

HM