A Game of Numbers

Starlord

On 12/31/2021 at 12:05 AM, Bazza said:

Cheers. As it involves numbers, real & imaginary, I’m out of my depth so can’t answer your assertion. I will say that beings we call angels are explained on ontological grounds using Aristotelean philosophy. Numbers also have an ontological quality, and thus the two theories would need to be adequately reconciled for an answer. 

Well that was quick, I believe I have found my answer. TL/DR: This book may integrate imaginary numbers with religion. 

Imaginaries in Geometry by Pavel Alexandrovich Florensky
https://mimesisinternational.com/imaginaries-in-geometry/

Blurb: "This is the first complete English translation of Pavel Florensky's original and ambitious attempt to arrive at a geometric representation of imaginary numbers, in a context that had already captured the attention of other mathematicians, including Gauss, Argan, Cauchy and Bellavitis. Florensky did not limit his attempt solely to complex projective geometry, but extended it to encompass Ptolemaic-Dantean cosmology and Einstein's Principle of Relativity, as well as a new epistemological theory. The resulting treatise combines various disciplines and explores the relationship between an immanent realm of knowledge and a transcendent one. 

Pavel Florensky (1882-1937) was a Russian Orthodox theologian, priest, philosopher, mathematician, and scientist. He is considered a polymath in the same way as Pascal or Leonardo. His book The Pillar and the Ground of Truth (1914) is widely seen as a masterpiece of Russian Orthodox theology. In 1933 he was sent to forced labor camps where, four years later, he was executed on false charges during the Soviet anti-religious purges of the 1930s.

I suspect mathematicians and physicists, when they think of conflict and overcoming adversaries, tend to think on larger scales than personal combat.  Interstellar wars and so on.

10 hours ago, L. Marcus said:

Most mathematicians I know of should not handle sharp implements, for their own safety.

On the other hand, physicians and archaeologists were over-represented in Umeå's Kendo club.

• 2 weeks later...

8765512  red
     6556179  green
     6039484  green
      306933  blue
     7116306  green
     6870742  blue
     5606335  green
     9021660  yellow
      445666  yellow
     9354483  green
     9690018  green
     7281042  green
     3160312  green
     6223451  green
     9074632  yellow
     1360069  green
     2411804  blue
     2640962  blue
      717434  green
     5877788  blue

Largest drawn number seen was 9690018
The color counts are
     5  blue
    11  green
     1  red
     3  yellow

On 1/1/2022 at 10:51 PM, Bazza said:

Well that was quick, I believe I have found my answer. TL/DR: This book may integrate imaginary numbers with religion. 

Imaginaries in Geometry by Pavel Alexandrovich Florensky
https://mimesisinternational.com/imaginaries-in-geometry/

Blurb: "This is the first complete English translation of Pavel Florensky's original and ambitious attempt to arrive at a geometric representation of imaginary numbers, in a context that had already captured the attention of other mathematicians, including Gauss, Argan, Cauchy and Bellavitis. Florensky did not limit his attempt solely to complex projective geometry, but extended it to encompass Ptolemaic-Dantean cosmology and Einstein's Principle of Relativity, as well as a new epistemological theory. The resulting treatise combines various disciplines and explores the relationship between an immanent realm of knowledge and a transcendent one. 

Pavel Florensky (1882-1937) was a Russian Orthodox theologian, priest, philosopher, mathematician, and scientist. He is considered a polymath in the same way as Pascal or Leonardo. His book The Pillar and the Ground of Truth (1914) is widely seen as a masterpiece of Russian Orthodox theology. In 1933 he was sent to forced labor camps where, four years later, he was executed on false charges during the Soviet anti-religious purges of the 1930s.

Got it. Reading part of the introduction, it makes Stranger Things’ Upside Down, not only possible, nor probable, but if Florensky is correct, actual. 

The Upside Down is real. 

20 hours ago, Bazza said:

Got it. Reading part of the introduction, it makes Stranger Things’ Upside Down, not only possible, nor probable, but if Florensky is correct, actual. 

The Upside Down is real. 

I can say confidently that the above book on mathematics contributed (the main reason) to get its author getting sentenced to 10 years in a Soviet labour camp, and later shot dead. Maybe not the revolutionary impact he was intending (joke). 

Try reconstructing that with "aggravating" in place of "interesting", and "all" in place of "no".

Insert after first line: Examples include "4" and "1040", whatever your rent payment happens to be.

Replace the original second line with "Everyone agrees that these are aggravating."

Insert after this: "Additional numbers can be added to the set without complaint."

Replace conclusion with: "All numbers are aggravating."