Fox Armory: Iconic Gadgets

JmOz

I am working on my book, The Fox Armory.  It is a equipment book for street level heroes, mostly UT Belt Items.   However the last two sections will be on Vehicles/bases and "Iconic" gadgets.  Iconic gadgets will be "Items that define a hero"  I am thinking of things like Captain America's shield, so I was thinking of getting some sugestions...

What I have already

STRIPE Staff, a multi purpose martial weapon with swinglines (combines elements of Mockingbird and Daredevil Weapons)

STAR Gun, a multi pay load gun

(Both these weapons are part of orgs in the world it is set in)

The Flying Fox Armor (Something inspired by Batman Beyond)

Marksman's Quiver (Trick Arrows)

Fox's Rapier

Aegis's Shield

I would like at least 4 and maybe as many as 6 more items...any sugestions

The problem is that you used most of the iconic weapons already. So let us list the iconic weapons of superheros.

Widow Bite: The Black Widow's iconic bracelets which shoots swinglines and tazer bolts. If this weapon so iconic, why is it not in any of her movie appearances?

Batarang: See normal weapons under "boomarang".

Feather Throwing Dart: Iconic weapon of Gatchaman (all five members, but especially Joe No Condor). Not only can they kill with it, but can also hit presser points (nnd), and, well, presser points (mind control: do not move, nnd, based on con).

I'll try thinking more later.

This is later.

Electra's Sai: Nothing to special, just two cinematic versions of standard sai. Electra uses many martial art weapons, but you can't get more iconic as the very same weapons she owns which were used to kill her once.

Punisher's Guns: The problem is that he uses ALL types of military guns. His standard machine gun has "mercy" bullets, and standard armor piercing bullets.

Good sugestions, probably will not go with Punisher (to Dark Champions instead of Street level Supers...a thin line I know)...

Glue guantlets (How did I forget those...)

Thought about it some today at work, going to add a freeze weapon, death dust, and a mind control device, that is 4, would love to come up with 2 more... Widow Bite's are a strong possibility...

Freeze Weapon is iconic.

More iconic weapons.

Sleep Gas Gun: A gun which shoots glass pellets which easly cracks open, and releases a gas which makes thoes who breath it to go asleep. If it is good enough for The Green Hornet, The Crimson Avenger, The Sandman, and even the original Blue Beatle, why not?

Shocker Cane: It is a cane with a tip which delivers electric shocks. Quite simple, and not a copy of a hero or villain's weapon.

The problem is that you used most of the iconic weapons already. So let us list the iconic weapons of superheros.

Widow Bite: The Black Widow's iconic bracelets which shoots swinglines and tazer bolts. If this weapon so iconic, why is it not in any of her movie appearances?

Batarang: See normal weapons under "boomarang".

Feather Throwing Dart: Iconic weapon of Gatchaman (all five members, but especially Joe No Condor). Not only can they kill with it, but can also hit presser points (nnd), and, well, presser points (mind control: do not move, nnd, based on con).

I'll try thinking more later.

perhaps the writer want a spy type

perhaps the writer want a spy type

Tiger was talking about weapons. And, yes, I know Bond type spys cary them (hidden explosive, buzzsaws hidden in watches, boot knives, ect), but such things are more at home in a Dark Champions/Danger International game.

Besides, we ARE talking about iconic weapons of street level superheroes. Batman, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Electra, even The Punisher (when he is visiting as guest star...other wise he is a Dark Champion). Nick Fury is not street level.

Dr. Mid-Nite from the JSA used 'Blackout Bombs" that had this effect, plus allowing him to disadvantage opponents into fighting him in the dark.

Point taken. But since I'm not JmOz, I can't decide if the power is iconic enough to put on the list of 12, or is already covered.