CoV Mastermind?

gfrobbin84

The Follower Perk works best if you want to cost out the master villain's minions on his/her character sheet, so you know exactly how many of what type he has at his disposal. The Summon Power is the most effective model for defined minions he can bring to himself at any time, and/or an effectively inexhaustible supply of them. Alternatively, you could just assign him a Rank Perk: Leader of (whatever organization name you like). That keeps his minion types and totals more flexible within the Game Master's discretion, more of a device to advance the plot.

If you want to model the classic villainous overlord who commands minions, that's what Followers are for.

If, on the other hand, your goal is to model the Mastermind game mechanics of CoX, I would simply recommend that you don't. The "pet" classes of CoX are very un-superhero-like. They were borrowed from fantasy MMORPGs because Jack Emmert and crew wanted CoX to appeal to (and be recognized by) players of the predominant fantasy games in the marketplace, not because they mapped well to superhero archetypes (which they really don't).

Yeah PC the thought originally popped into my head while briefly thinking about how one would do shadow run hero and I was like how would you do a rigger. Then I thought about the broader idea of a summoner or general minion master.

Summon, Follower, Duplicate. Those are the 3 powers to use when you want an extra sheet able to act independantly.

But as the other said, viability as a PC would be limited.

The problem is that you add a lot of weak sheets to the whole combat resolution. And Combat Resolution is already slow in Hero. Adding more sheets to it does not work. By nature a computer has less issues here.

If you want a Pet class, look at the D&D pet classes. They all have pets as a minor class feature. And only one of them. And only the Paladin, Ranger and Druid get a combat capable pet. That even then is more a support for the main class.

If you wanted a pet class in hero, choose a single strong pet rather then lot's of weak ones. If you got one single strong pet and a character that can not do anything while the pet is out, consider growth or multiform to simulate the pet. Maybe even jsut write down the pet as the character, with some Skills derived from the "Master".

I created a couple of packages based on CoV a while back but have since stop using them.  They went something like this (sorry I am at work so don't have my hero designer):

Lieutenant:

25% Damage Reduction rPD/rED

+1 Speed when outnumbered

+5 Rec

+5 Stun

Minor Boss:

50% Damage Reduction rPD/rED

25% Mental Reduction

+1 Speed when severely outnumbered (3+)

+10 Rec

+10 Stun

Big Boss:

75% Damage Reduction rPD/rED

50% Mental Reduction

+2 Speed when severely outnumbered (3+)

+20 Rec

+20 Stun

I stopped using it when my group got below 4 consistent members and tended to stay together.  i know this is off topic but I too missed the game(CoH/CoV).