A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Guest Skaramine

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Walther's P99 QA has a consistent trigger pull of 7-pounds.

Walthers P990 has a trigger-cocking only pull of 9 pounds.

Walthers P99 - the original (now called the AS - Anti Stress) has a trigger cocking pull of 9 pounds, and a cocked trigger pull of 5.62 pounds.

All of the above are considered ideal trigger pull weights for law enforcement and self-defense applications.

The P99 QA looks like the best of the breed.

Too bad Smith and Wesson's SW99 isn't set up for a QA trigger - it would wallop Glock hands down.

Then again, a State Police Agency tried to use the SW99. The guns broke consistently, the troops were not trained on the various trigger pull options of the original handgun, and were not given holsters for the guns, then given holsters which caused the guns to malfunction, and finally the Union threatened a boycott if they weren't given a sidearm that actually functioned.

Now, they're using the SIG Sauer P228 in 9mm.

If only they'd gone with the Walther and a decent security holster.

Guest Worldmaker

Skaramine deserves more respect than I have given him in the past, and I regret that I haven't given it. We got into an explosive argument over nothing, and it became ridiculous, and is now over as far as I am concerned.

Guest Skaramine

I'd been practicing with my cardboard and electrical tape Walther P99 and my Airsoft Walther P99, and have come to the conclusion that Massad Ayoob and John Farnham's conviction that the decocker plate atop the slide is "poorly placed" and "inaccessible" stems from inadequate use of the Cooper Flip or the Southpaw Walther Dip (where a lefty grips the handle of a single-safety levered P38/PPK, rotates it down a notch, then stabs his index finger down to decock, then digs his finger underneath to push the decocking lever up to render capable of firing).

Jeff Quinn, of http://www.Gunblast.com, also a left-handed shooter, and Lt. Mike Boyle of the National Park Service (another southpaw), also agree that the Walther P99 and the Smith and Weson SW99 can be easily used by we of the sinister hand.

Now... which Ninety Nine to make first?

An OD Green Military Frame?

A Silver Slide (titanium for Walther)

A Smith and Wesson SW99 in .45 ACP?

A Walther or SW99 Compact?

A Walther P99 with LAM Module?

A Walther P99 with Silencer?

A Walther P99 with LAM AND Silencer?

So many options...

So little black electrical tape...

But plenty of cardboard.

:sneaky:

I'm working on my book right now, listening to the song that started the whole novel in the first place. And I can still remember the dream it was based on as clearly as if I'd had it last night. Unbelievable.

I just wish I knew how to convey the feeling of the dream in my book. Damn, that's going to be difficult.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

PS - and why in HELL do I have the song "There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza" going through my head?!?!

All right, I'm gonna drown that damned song out by listening to something else.

Something loud, something loud... lemme see...

*browsing through the songs on my computer since I'm too lazy to go rummaging through my CDs*

Drowning Pool... there ya go! Or maybe Earshot (since I do quote their song "Wait" in the book...)

So... many... choices!

ARGH!

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko