Would you allow this Lim?

JmOz

Re: Would you allow this Lim?

Originally posted by JmOz

End Cost to keep power off -1/4

This power would need to be persistant, then to turn the power off the character must spend End each phase to keep power off

The cost was determined by reducing the cost of "Always On"

I'm just not sure if it quite makes the cut, since a GM could allow you to turn off an "Always On" power for 5 times the END cost at the -1/2 lim level. I'm not sure that normal END cost would qualify for the -1/4 level, but I'd allow it on a trial basis.

Re: Re: Would you allow this Lim?

Originally posted by caris

I'm just not sure if it quite makes the cut, since a GM could allow you to turn off an "Always On" power for 5 times the END cost at the -1/2 lim level. I'm not sure that normal END cost would qualify for the -1/4 level, but I'd allow it on a trial basis.

This is a valid point. How about double END cost? That would be the equivalent of a -1 Limitation on the standard Always On Limitation (-1/2 for Costs Endurance, and -1/2 for Increased Endurance Cost).

That Would Depend on the power.

If it is not really a disadvantage then no.

Take Regeneration, cost end to turn power off.

What would be the point?

Now if it was something like 2d6RKA Always On, Personal Immunity.No range, Cost End to Turn Off 60 Active Points (6 End) then I could see it. As long as your Recovery doesn't allow you to get all the End back each turn.

A.

I agree with Argus

Although, the mechanics would be unusual, the characters recovery directly effects the overall value of the "limitation". If the character has an astronomical recovery(as many bricks do), then this would be almost pointless. On the other hand, how would it work if the character couldn't sustain recovery and began taking stun. Would the character eventually fall unconscious, and then the power automatically fail, or how would it work?

Just some rambling thoughts............

IIRC, there was a character in the old Enemies II or Enemies III book that had a similar power. I don't remember her name, but she was a mystic character that had an HKA damage shield, always on. However, she could spend endurance to turn off the field for limited periods of time, such as when she tried to get close to a hero (she was designed to fall in love with a hero, but with the damage shield it was dangerous, etc.). When I get home tonight, I'll see if I can dig up the book and get the specifics.

Wouldn't it be nice if Rogue could shut off her powers this way? By consciously paying END for it? I think the writers for X-Men should allow it!

Give the poor girl a break, already!

One question: If I had a PC that had (in 4th Ed) Growth always on, and had to change that to the new rules for 5th Ed, then wouldn't it be more correct to buy Shrinking- only to normal size, instead of paying END to shut all those smaller powers off? Just curious.

Mags

PS: And, yes, I would allow this LIM if the 'always on' power(s) was one that had consequences when on- like a Damage Shield, or the Invisibility....

Battlestaff, I believe you're thinking about Demonfire from Enemies III.

JimOz, Have you looked at Inherent on pg 165 of the FReD? It says that at the GM's option, a character can turn off an inherent power by paying END. It would make the power cost more (it's an advantage), but you could buy Always On to make it cheaper.