Help with first character?

Ninja

6 hours ago, Christopher said:

You do seem to accept that "Sight Group" is the smalest base denomination you can buy now. That is all that realy maters.

No, it matters that you were deliberately rude to me in three posts in a row because you couldn't bear to take part in a polite discussion.

That is all that really matters

10 hours ago, archer said:

No, it matters that you were deliberately rude to me in three posts in a row because you couldn't bear to take part in a polite discussion.

That is all that really matters

I did not try to be rude at any one point. If I somehow came across as rude, I appologize.

But I really need to know what exactly caused that perception so I can avoid it in the future.

On 12/17/2018 at 2:41 PM, archer said:

I usually get my ideas from the rules as well which is why I cut-and-pasted from the chart.

In any case, we are still comparing the slightly increased cost of an OAF smoke grenade plus OAF vision goggles (which are good for other things such as seeing what is happening at a distance in poor lighting) against 17 points spent on Combat Sense.

And those goggles will do nothing for you when you are Blinded by a Flash or Transform or an eye injury in a gritty game or an Entangle that blocks Vision or against the Ninja bad guys that bought their smoke bombs vs the Sight Group as is common. (Plus any dope with a $100 night vision scope can shoot you through your smoke cloud. How long will it take the villains to figure out there is a cheap, mundane solution to your knock-off smoke bombs?)

I had a couple more character creation questions if that's cool.   In case I ever get to make another high point value character with special powers. Actually this probably would have been my first choice if I understood the system.

Ok first, I was looking around on this website, what do you guys think of these guidelines for making characters? Do they work for actually play or is this mainly just for converting characters?

http://www.devermore.net/surbrook/herosource/other/adaptions.html

Second, does buying points of strength with telekinesis apply to hand to hand? Say I buy 40 points of telekinetic strength, can I hit in hand to hand with 40 strength? I feel like I should be able to, because if I can pick up a truck at range i should be able to pick it up up close, but not sure how the rules work with that.

My idea was for like a master swordsman who uses mental powers to enhance his abilities, sort of like a darth Vader homage.  Here is the above mentioned persons interpretation of darth Vader http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsmovie/starwars/darthvader.html

I noticed he used a massive VPP for his telekinesis/force powers.  Why use that over a multipower? Seems like a telekinesis multi power would be much much cheaper.  But I admit I dont really understand how to build powers, or at least cool ones.

16 hours ago, Ninja said:

Second, does buying points of strength with telekinesis apply to hand to hand? Say I buy 40 points of telekinetic strength, can I hit in hand to hand with 40 strength? I feel like I should be able to, because if I can pick up a truck at range i should be able to pick it up up close, but not sure how the rules work with that.

You do not get to add your TK STR to your normal STR. you use either one or the other.

Keep in mind that with 40 STR would cosdt you 4 END to use, 60 AP of Telekinesis (40 TK STR) still cost you 6 END to use.

2 hours ago, Christopher said:

You do not get to add your TK STR to your normal STR. you use either one or the other.

Keep in mind that with 40 STR would cosdt you 4 END to use, 60 AP of Telekinesis (40 TK STR) still cost you 6 END to use.

Point taken about the endurance.

And I mean not add per se but, what's the difference?  If I can "punch" someone across the street with 40 strength why cant I punch someone right in front of me with 40 strength and say it was my fist? Is there a mechanical difference aside from the endurance cost?

Dont some comic book characters have enhanced strength from their telekinesis? Sylar from heroes, cable, Jean grey?

6 hours ago, Ninja said:

Point taken about the endurance.

And I mean not add per se but, what's the difference?  If I can "punch" someone across the street with 40 strength why cant I punch someone right in front of me with 40 strength and say it was my fist? Is there a mechanical difference aside from the endurance cost?

Dont some comic book characters have enhanced strength from their telekinesis? Sylar from heroes, cable, Jean grey?

You can use TK at point-blank without any issues. 

That said, unless you buy some form of Invisible Power Effect for that TK everybody will be able to tell that you TK-punched and not STR-punched.