Cheapo gaming supplies

kukuli

I am preparing for my groups sorta annual gaming weekend trip and wanted to  go back to mapping, which we haven't been doing lately.  So I pulled together 100 miniatures and a 30" by 7' grid with dry erasable cover for about $12 plus tax.  I bought a pack of 100 meeples  for $9.99 from Amazon. Then I numbered each color to ten and put eyes on front to mark facing.  After we tried them out I put a dot of paint on the top , a different color for each number, to help identify them from above.  I then bought a roll of wrapping paper with a one inch grid on the back  (make sure it is labeled as having a grid) and a clear shower curtain from Dollar Tree.  Dollar Tree also has dry erase markers, if you need them.  Any other cheap  ideas?

The only one that comes to mind are dice.  If you're playing HERO or any other game that requires only six-siders, those are available just about anywhere playing cards are sold, including liquor and convenience stores, and of course Wal-Mart and Target stores.  Not sure I'd get dice from any of the only-a-dollar stores--those are usually made of wood and have the pips painted on.  Not to my liking.

The only-a-dollar stores are great for snacks--cookies, chips, candy, bargain brand soda pop, etc.

Hope that helps.

They ALSO have small plastic barn yard animals. Again $1.

Dollar Tree also has a L E G O like plastic blocks [and bases] again for $1.

Pens, pencils, and notebooks [INCLUDING blue books made famous by Hero System] are only $1 .

As you might tell I shop there a lot.