Origins Online

mattingly

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The events are in final submission stage! Events are submitted but times not set yet.

Teen Champions Friday midday and Saturday am -> create your character and then play. Danger Room!!!! 

Teen Champions Danger Room Danger ->  Sunday midday

Rules will be taught and children are welcome to my events.

I will post details when final approval is done!

On 5/30/2020 at 1:36 PM, Barton said:

The events are in final submission stage! Events are submitted but times not set yet.

Teen Champions Friday midday and Saturday am -> create your character and then play. Danger Room!!!! 

Teen Champions Danger Room Danger ->  Sunday midday

Rules will be taught and children are welcome to my events.

I will post details when final approval is done!

Cool, I proposed my games and am waiting on time approvals.

Barton Stano events are up:

Teen Champions - Meyerson Academy - Make a Character and Play

Make a teenaged superhero character using the Champions [Hero System ver 6] then the character will train in the academy danger room. Rules will be taught. Teenagers and children players welcome. 

cost $0.

FRIDAY at  10am to 4pm Eastern

and SATURDAY at  1pm to 7pm    Eastern    [the event is now showing Friday, but working on getting that changed].

Teen Champions - Meyerson Academy Danger Room Danger!

Your school has a danger room and today's session gets serious! Rules will be taught. Teenagers and children players welcome.

cost $0

SUNDAY at  11am to 3pm Eastern

===========

I will be attending this:

Christian Worship Service

Come join us for a non-denominational worship service sponsored by the Christian Gamers Guild. We'll read scripture, sing familiar hymns, and hear a sermon.

cost $0

SUNDAY at 9am to 10am Eastern.

Kurt Garwood's events are up:

Champions UK: The Resurrection of Dr. Destroyer Friday June 19th 7pm to 11 pm

Dr. Destroyer died a over decade ago- but now he's come back and he's come to the UK with his eye on Stonehenge. Can the New Knights of the Roundtable stop his nefarious plan?

Dark Champions: City of Sin Saturday June 20 10 am to 2 pm

In a world of superheroes but one ruled by corruption, disorder, organized crime, and where apathy is the order of the day, it is up to a group of street level heroes to clean up the City of Sin.

Champions: Presidential Smackdown 2020 Saturday June 20 2 pm to 6 pm

President Franklin Stone was elected in 2016 and is up for re-election. He's up against ex-superhero David Sutherland aka Invictus. Is this simply good vs evil or is all hell about to break loose?

Young Americans: Evolution: Sunday June 21 2-6 pm

The teen superhero group The Young Americans saved the world in 1987. 6 years later, they've finished college but must re-form the team. Can they stop a destructive war between humanity and mutants?

Here's what I'm running:

Spideys on Infinite Earths (Marvel FASERIP), Sat 8am-Noon

Tingle your Spidey sense and thwip into the Spider-Verse to team up with Agent Venom, steampunk Lady Spider, Superior Spider-Man, Six-Armed Spidey, Spider-Woman, Spider-Monkey, Supaidaman, and others.

Urban Fantasy All-Stars (Dresden Files), Sat 1-5pm

Hellboy, Ash, Buffy, Ghost Rider, John Constantine, Hermione Granger, and others join forces to defeat ultimate evil.

Christian Worship Service, Sun 9-10am

Come join us for a non-denominational worship service sponsored by the Christian Gamers Guild. We'll read scripture, sing familiar hymns, and hear a sermon.

On 6/6/2020 at 1:45 PM, Barton said:

Barton Stano events are up:

Teen Champions - Meyerson Academy - Make a Character and Play

Make a teenaged superhero character using the Champions [Hero System ver 6] then the character will train in the academy danger room. Rules will be taught. Teenagers and children players welcome. 

cost $0.

FRIDAY at  10am to 4pm Eastern

and SATURDAY at  1pm to 7pm    Eastern    [the event is now showing Friday, but working on getting that changed].

Teen Champions - Meyerson Academy Danger Room Danger!

Your school has a danger room and today's session gets serious! Rules will be taught. Teenagers and children players welcome.

cost $0

SUNDAY at  11am to 3pm Eastern

===========

I will be attending this:

Christian Worship Service

cost $0

SUNDAY at 9am to 10am Eastern.

Very Cool!

Farewell, Origins Online. We hardly knew ye.

To Our Community:

The Game Manufacturers Association believes that Black Lives Matter. We unequivocally condemn racism and violence against people of color. We have been too late in making that statement with force, and we apologize. The injustices of today demand that every person of good conscience make clear where they stand and we wish we had been more proactive, more strident, and more effective with our voices. Innocent people of color are being killed in the streets of the communities where we live, and it is not acceptable.

We cannot responsibly hold our virtual convention, Origins Online, in this setting. Even if it were possible to hold it, it would not be appropriate to do so. So, we are announcing here that Origins Online is cancelled.

The Board must voice its loud thanks to those who worked enormously hard to assemble Origins Online in a completely inadequate window of time. GAMA’s staff worked miracles, publishers hurried to learn new tools, fans took a chance to buy tickets. We could not be more grateful for their efforts, which we see and will not forget.

Every exhibitor, sponsor, and advertiser will be offered a full refund, as will every gamer who purchased a badge.

GAMA will match, dollar for dollar, any exhibitor, sponsor, advertiser, or vendor who donates the amounts they are owed for Origins Online to one of the organizations listed below. It is difficult to predict how many will take this opportunity, but the potential exists for the matched amounts to exceed $100,000, which we wholeheartedly hope will happen. The Board sees this as the next step, but not the final step, in the Association’s journey.

* Black Lives Matter Global Network
* Black Trans Advocacy Coalition
* Columbus Freedom Fund
* The Community Justice Exchange
* The Innocence Project
* NAACP

Further details will be sent to these companies by email in the coming days.

The Board thanks every person whose voice reached us in recent hours and days. It is hard, we know, for those voices to speak when they have so much at stake. We are grateful for your persistence, eloquence, and will.

GAMA’s vision statement is “A game on every table, a table for every gamer.” We commit to working toward that day.

In service,
GAMA’s Board of Directors, and Retail Division Board

IDEA:

What if the GM's who posted above run the games during the same time as the Origins Online?

We could be but we put the events in the player finder section of the forum. People would then post if interested and we could do a drawing for player openings.

I would be interested in doing this; WHAT SAY YOU ALL?

Maybe I’m missing something here, and I’m seriously not trying to start some kind of political argument, but why is canceling their online event related in any way to either a protest, or being supportive of Black Lives Matter? I’m honestly inquiring because maybe I missed something they announced earlier. Any info would be much appreciated. 

Edit: never mind: https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/origins-online-cancelled-gama-black-lives-matter/

Edited by Brian Stanfield