Mayday

Imagine sitting at your computer when suddenly:

TREMBLE IN FEAR BEFORE THE

WRATH OF DESTROYER!!!

Yes, folks. That's just what ol' Doc Destroyer's voice

would sound like through our new Maxima car stereo

system. New at CarToys!

-----

Some new internet ads have no popup window, just an audio file. At full volume this would get anyone's attention yes? (Thanks to BishopOF BW)

Guest WhammeWhamme

Re: What Would Your Character Do #26?

Originally posted by Mayday

WRATH OF DESTROYER!!!

Yes, folks. That's just what ol' Doc Destroyer's voice

would sound like through our new Maxima car stereo

system. New at CarToys!

-----

Some new internet ads have no popup window, just an audio file. At full volume this would get anyone's attention yes? (Thanks to BishopOF BW)

First things first: be quite startled.

Wraith, being a computers guy and all, is unlikely to fall prey to this... but if he did, he's getting some payback. And if mundane means fail him, he has very very sneaky powers.... :D

Flippant is a bit more law abiding. He'd try and protect his computer a bit better, but that's about all. That is assuming he has a computer; thinking about it, he probably doesn't. A waste of time in a life already hyper-busy.

Baron von Darien -- start upright, look hurriedly around, notice what was going on, be very annoyed.

Dr. Pain -- probably smash the keyboard. :)

Starguard -- ow. Random "startle" reactions from an inexperienced wielder of an 80-point Cosmic Power Pool can sometimes be a little, err, interesting. :)

Calico: She's got very sensitive hearing. Probably hunt the person down like the dog they are and do something unpleasant to them.

Ice Pirate: Well, I think someone is going to get the same treatment happen with their computer. She'd probably hunt the person down, replace all their computer speakers with 200db versions. Then set them to all go off in a couple hours...

Scales: Don't piss off the magic user.

Spectrum:Don't piss off the lawyer.

The only character I have who would be sitting at a computer would be Audra Blue. And no spam is getting through to her.

But if it did... she'd be quite irritated. She'd track down the sender using her vast and frightening computer hacking skills and make their online life a living hell for a short period. She's not completely unsympathetic though; she'd mess them up for a few days, cause a few gray hairs, then put everything back.

Re: What Would Your Character Do #26?

Originally posted by Mayday

WRATH OF DESTROYER!!!

Destroyer on my computer??? I would just uninstall Windows :).

Mike

-----

Some new internet ads have no popup window, just an audio file. At full volume this would get anyone's attention yes? (Thanks to BishopOF BW) [/b]

Jump several feet up in a startle reaction, then land behind his chair and conjure a crystal short sword, mace, or similarly-sized one-handed weapon and stand ready to attack if need be... wait... and then finally realize it's the computer. Close eyes, another pause as he half-consciously tries to "sense" anything relevant, come to the conclusion that there's nothing supernatural going on and no one else in the cave-like room... then finally lower his newly-made weapon and call for one of his more technically apt brothers to help out. -- Pteryx

Lightning:: Jesus. Not another one. Time to rewrite the security programs again. The Cold War has moved to the internet. Just who and where did this damned pop up come in from? Track that down. Destroyer has more panache than this. I should analyze the wave file too. Might be clues.

Meanwhile, I think I'll send copies of that popup bug past the firewalls into the systems at PRIMUS and SAT. That will certainly get the proper people motivated.

FlamJet:: Scratch one more computer. There are fires burning on his desk, and once again, he needs a new window in the office. He's hovering outside on a plasma jet, searching for Destroyer. If more of these come over the nearby systems and he hears it, he's going to need some work done on the offices too.

After determining that Destoryer is NOT in the area, well, we'll be hiring a new head of computer security. The fellow that has the job now will be working for him. At a pay cut. This is NOT how we do business here. System penetration is unacceptable. We have STRICT confidentialty for our customers.

Irving would probably jump back and brace himself rather than attack the computer. After realizing what happened, he'd call on the team gadgeter.

"Flash? I think we need to upgrade our pop-up blockers..."

"Sure thing Irving. And then I have a *very special* program I have to write," as Flash starts designing a customized virus...

• 3 weeks later...