Don't look, I'm invisible!

Zeropoint

If I were to give a character the power Invisibility with the advantage Invisible Power Effects, what would happen? The way I see it, all the game mechanical effects of Invisibility would still apply (other characters can't see the character from a distance at all, and need a PER roll up close), but for anyone who DID manage to see the character, there would be no indication that he was invisible.

Sort of a, "GAHH! Where'd YOU come from?" effect. Perfect for ninja or other characters who are "very, very sneaky."

Just wondering.

Zeropoint

Hmmm, if I were building based on the special effect, I would do the "Where did YOU come from" game mechanic a bit differently, but yea, that would be the effect.

The shimmering, flash of light or whatever happens when the guy goes from invisible to visible would not happen, they would just blink in or out of sight.

By the rules, IPE can only be applied to Powers which are Visible. Invisibility is not one of those.

If you want to house rule it to do something different, then that's your own lookout.

Unless you have a Sense which the Invisibility is not purchased for, you cannot detect the Invisible party (ignoring fringes, etc). If you want to be Invisible to a particular Sense (such as Detect Magic), then you need to buy the Invisibilty accordingly -- with that Sense/Sense Group purchased. IPE does not come into play on that.

Yes it is acool concept...I have often though this weird construct would also cover the "You forget me" Man/Woman...in other wprds you can see the hero normally but you cannot describe him later (after all he Is invisable) and it's very hard to target him because you Cannot track him (you forget where he was so you can't really tell where or how he's moving.....Ninjor the ultimate ninja (was once bitten by a radioactive ninja) might very well have this as the "ultimate stealth" power.....

One of the characters in my campaign has this power. People know that someone's there (although they're not sure of an exact location), but if pressed can't say who it is or what they looked like.

The same character also has shapeshift with invisible power effect (I use the 4th edition shapeshift rules). People assume he is someone who belongs there, but aren't sure who.

Then he has some weird powers on top of those. :)

I was thinking more like, you look and fail your PER roll, so you don't see the character at all. You look away, look back and make the roll this time, so you see the character standing there with NO indication that he is supposed to be invisible. As far as you can tell, either he silently moved in while you weren't looking, or you somehow failed to notice him even though he was standing right next to you.

Without IPE, if you managed to spot the character, you'd know that he was using invisiblity. That's what I had in mind when I thought of this.

Zeropoint

I used this idea for Non-Euclidean Man (which has been created independently by several people, and posted/published before by others). My version had Invisibility, Teleport, Growth, and Shrinking all with IPE. You could measure at 6' tall...as he walked through a mousehole. He'd be across the street, but then somehow he'd punch you. Fun times. :)

The way I ruled his Invisibility is that he got the benefits (CV reduction for people attacking him), but other characters wouldn't realize that they had a reduced CV.