What I've Learned Playing An Alien

Lucius

If a Human or group of Humans wants something you have - an item, knowledge, a resource, a service you can perform - try to make a mutually profitable trade. Humans love to trade. Not all of them are trustworthy, but in general, if you deal fairly with them, they will view you as a friend - and Humans can make surprisingly loyal and helpful friends.

Lucius Alexander

System Operations, Palindromedary

What I've Learned Playing An Alien

If Humans want something you have, and you can't arrange a beneficial trade, be aware that they are quite likely to attempt to get it by stealth or trickery.

Lucius Alexander

Combat Pilot: Palindromedary

Re: What I've Learned Playing An Alien

If the Humans need, or just want badly enough, something you have, and they have failed to trade for it and failed to steal it or trick you out of it, get your weapons ready. They will probably next attempt to wrest it from you by force. And they're STUBBORN. You should have tried harder to make a trade....

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Astrogation

Despite the fact that your race (and most other non-human races) are physically, socially, and/or mentally superior to humans, the largest and most powerful political units in known space will be human dominated. Go figure.

Despite the fact that your race (and most other non-human races) are physically' date=' socially, and/or mentally superior to humans, the largest and most powerful political units in known space will be human dominated. Go figure.[/b']

Despite what you may believe, just because you have superior technology does not mean that you are superior at war. Remember this, and glass the planet from orbit.

Despite what you may believe' date=' just because you have superior technology does not mean that you are superior at war. Remember this, and glass the planet from orbit.[/b']

Humans are better at war because aliens always seem to have daft concepts of honour(like native american indians idea of counting coup) where as humans are far better killers.Total war vs limited war. This is not just a negative view humans are good at doing whatever it takes especially when the chips are down and the odds seem against us.

Your psionic powers work with most sentient life forms, and your species' master psychics can even effect nonsentient life forms and machinery, but Humans are somehow resistant to mental communication and influence. It's as if, mentally, they are in a class by themselves.

Lucius Alexander

Class of Minds: Palindromedary

Humans are better at war because aliens always seem to have daft concepts of honour(like native american indians idea of counting coup) where as humans are far better killers.Total war vs limited war. This is not just a negative view humans are good at doing whatever it takes especially when the chips are down and the odds seem against us.

Don't make war on Earthlings; hire them out as mercs to fight your battles in exchange for technology. You can play one country against another that way too.

Your psionic powers work with most sentient life forms' date=' and your species' master psychics can even effect nonsentient life forms and machinery, but Humans are somehow resistant to mental communication and influence. It's as if, mentally, they are in a class by themselves.[/b']

Lucius Alexander

Class of Minds: Palindromedary

Ha!

That reminds of the Damned trilogy by Alan Dean Foster. In the trilogy two intersteller forces went to war with one another. The one the Amplitur Purpose was lead by a race of powerful telepaths known as the (you guessed it!) Amplitur. They were dedicated to brainwashing all of the rest of the universe. The Weave were the other race that opposed them.

What was interesting about all this is that the neither side really liked to fight. In fact only two races from either side of war actually fought on the battlefield. The reason why is that both sides were much too civilized to be tolerant of violence.

Then the Weave came to Earth and found the humans. We were not only close to aliens in social level and technology. We liked to fight and kill and where very good at it. Not only that when the Amplitur finally captured a human and tried to brainwash us they found out that not only did it not work, prolonged exposure to human brainwaves brought pain and eventual death!

Not only that when the Amplitur finally captured a human and tried to brainwash us they found out that not only did it not work' date=' prolonged exposure to human brainwaves brought pain and eventual death![/quote']

This explains my constant headaches when I try to make sense of this world!

I'm actually a telepathic alien!!

:eek:

From the web comic Freefall:

I know Humans are more advanced than my race. I see examples of it every day. But I refuse, I absolutely refuse to be intimidated by their underwear technology.

See this link:

http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff1000/fv00973.htm

For an impressive example of Human underwear technology.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says "And NO, it's NOT what you think, dirty minded Humans!"

But isn't she a furry/anthropomorphic wolf and not a human?

Yes, but while she is an engineer, she is not an inventor - the technology she uses, including underwear technology, was developed by Humans.

Lucius Alexander

Conversation with a palindromedary

Where Human personalities are diverse, all members of an Alien race share a single, common, and strong personality trait, which is just a single aspect of human personality taken to an obsessive extreme.

I look odd but the player of the human pc gets 5 points for his DF: Tatoo!

Can somebody plaese explain this to me!!!

Because you look odd in the same way that several BILLION (at least) other people of your species looks.

The human with a tattoo very likely has a unique tattoo (serial number, obscure design, or multiple tattoos), and even if it is a common one, they are one of only tens of thousands (at most).

Space is Deep.

And no matter how long your people have been starfaring, the universe surely holds more surprises in store.

Lucius Alexander

It's a palindromedary! Surprise!