Tongue/leaping powers

GCMorris

I'm basically recreating Toad from Marvel (but less pathetic) as a villain. He basically is just tongue and leaping abilities. His tongue can puncture people and I guess I'm treating it as an HKA with stretching. I know there are some obvious stretching tricks I can do with his tongue but what are some not so obvious tricks with leaping and the tongue?

Multipower; Tongue Powers

Clinging - gecko tongue

Entangle - Lockout

Stretching - gecko tongue

Swinging -

Telekinesis; Fine Manipulation -

Extra Limb - tongue typing, wield weapon with tongue

Flash - poke in the eye

Presence Attack - Licking soneones neck in the elevator, Serpentine Enhanced Smell, Specking With Forked Tongue

Weakness - Tongue Twisters, Tongue Depressors, Dry Mouth,

Multipower; Leaping Tricks - Not versus Garlic and Butter

Leaping - Combat, Noncombat,

Hand Attack - Area Effect Radius; Bouncing Around

Hand Attack - Double Knockback

Hand Attack - Area Effect Line; Dive Bys/Throughs

Bonus to Dive For Cover

Charm (Sex Appeal) - Dirty Minds Only

Enhanced Smell/Taste Sense Group, Discriminatory, 360 - Flickering tongue

KS: Scents

More later

QM

I'm basically recreating Toad from Marvel (but less pathetic) as a villain. He basically is just tongue and leaping abilities. His tongue can puncture people and I guess I'm treating it as an HKA with stretching. I know there are some obvious stretching tricks I can do with his tongue but what are some not so obvious tricks with leaping and the tongue?

Toad has become less pathethic in recent years. Apparently that started with the Ray Park version in the 2000 X-Men Film.

Take a look at his Wikipedia Article. THere are a lot of powers added from other Amphibians like secreting various poisions through his skin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toad_(comics)#Powers_and_abilities

I know the Marvel wiki has his physical stats higher than Beasts. I am just having trouble thinking up creative ways to use leaping.

So has Marvel. Simply do not. Inlcude other Amphibian/Toad characteristisc, like Psychotropic or deadly drugs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoactive_toad

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/articles/article/tripping-over-psychoactive-toads/

Many newts actually have a Tertodotoxin Damage Shield as defense, together with high Acid resistance to outlife anything that might try eating them alive:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rough-skinned_newt#Tetrodotoxin_binding

Tetodotoxin is whole orders of magnitude more posionous then Even Cyanide. Posionous Newts have killed humans that were stupid enough to swallow them. It is the poision that makes pufferfish such a deadly food to eat.

The Evolution for surviving agaisnt predators goes:

Be stronger

Be faster

Be more intelligent

Or just taste really bad (wich also includes a deadly stomach ache).

Leaping isn't the most popular power, and that's probably because, as you pointed out, it's difficult to think up new and exciting ways to use it.  Most characters I've seen with it use it essentially as, if you'll pardon the expression, a springboard to gain altitude for Swinging or Gliding.  I'm wracking my brain, because I can't remember where I saw it, but there was something published some years back-- a method of determining a means of changing direction without landing by "leaping" off another wall, etc.  For example, if a character had a full move of 12" Leaping, he could leap to a wall 4" away, then leap again to a wall 8" away, or perhaps to one 6" away and then to one 2" from there-- you get the idea, I'm sure.

It's not really a new and exciting idea, but it might make for a couple of nifty bonuses as a combat confusion tactic when an opponent thinks you're going to straight and hit the floor.

Then there's the power itself: where does it come from?  Surely the legs that can throw a 200 pound man onto a third story balcony should be able to deliver a surprisingly effective kick-- a few extra dice with kicks-- or maybe some extra STR for kick damage or leg locks when grappling and opponent?

Getting to the tongue thing:

Perhaps a gross-out sort of Entangle?  Honestly, I just buying "Ranged" on the sense of taste is too amusing to pass up, but that's just me. :)  Maybe whatever it is that makes a toad's tongue sticky is something he can spit at an opponent?  Or even slap on them with his tongue!  Lick 'em sticky, then tongue-slap them against a wall.  While they're pinned, leap at them in a move-through, leading legs-first for that final kick.....

Or just make him a hair stylist.  I seem to recall as a child my mother taming a cowlick or two by licking a finger and trying to flatten it down.  He can just lick up an entire quaff, lickety-split.  Or Lickety-spit; whichever.

I have to admit, I can't get the image of an auto fire tongue slap out of my head, though. :D

you use leaping as an attack.  you would basically perform a drop kick like in wrestling but instead of going for damage you just 'leap' them back

Leaping +30m (34m forward, 2m upward) (Accurate),

Usable As Attack (+3/4)  Grantor pays the END whenever the power is used, Grantor can only grant the power to others, Recipient must remain close to Grantor, Grantor controls the power totally (35 Active Points);

Forward Movement Only (-1),

Gestures (Requires both Legs; -1/2)

Restrainable (-1/2),

Can Be Blocked (-1/4) 

Real cost 11pts

Just a thought

Leaping isn't the most popular power, and that's probably because, as you pointed out, it's difficult to think up new and exciting ways to use it.  Most characters I've seen with it use it essentially as, if you'll pardon the expression, a springboard to gain altitude for Swinging or Gliding.  I'm wracking my brain, because I can't remember where I saw it, but there was something published some years back-- a method of determining a means of changing direction without landing by "leaping" off another wall, etc.  For example, if a character had a full move of 12" Leaping, he could leap to a wall 4" away, then leap again to a wall 8" away, or perhaps to one 6" away and then to one 2" from there-- you get the idea, I'm sure.

APG I 104 has those rules. Basically it allows you to parition the Leap Movement between several target points. You do not have to leap it all "in a single bound", but you still are locked into "one flightpath" after starting.

Leaping, also known as "Flight, has to log a Flightpath ahead of time".

Autofire tongue slap it is! Any rules on Move By Tonguing? (and ranged taste goes without saying)...if I can get an AMEN.

You can do a Move by/through maneuver with Swining and Leaping. Really anything short of FTL, EDM and Teleport.

He does not need ranged taste. Just having stretching on his tongue does cover that. But applying his full bodies STR with the tongue propably requires Extra Limbs too.