Light based powers

SSJ6Boomer

Teleport: converts to light and shoops away.

But yes; as SSJ6 suggested, the actual stats of the power depend entirely on how many points you are allowed to spend on the power, how many you want, and other guidelines established by the GM.  In HERO, the special effects do not determine the strength of the power.

Like Duke mentioned, powers in Hero are effects based with a multitude of descriptions. You could have a character with a 7d6 Blast that's defined as "Laser Beam", "Frost Blast", or even "Junk Debris" with the descriptor being what defines it. In the case of Light Based Powers, Greywind has given a good starting point for powers, but it could go beyond even that list depending on how you define the effects. 

I had a 4e character named Raytracer that had 30" Flight, 12D6 Energy Blast, a 4D6 RKA (laser beam), Desolid (could go into "light form") with the Limitation that he couldn't move through opaque materials, 6D6 Flash, and a 30PD/30ED Force Field that represented an in-between stage of the light form where he was partially solid. This was in a campaign with a 60 point Active Point limit on powers.

Yah.  My common construction for a projector with a light special effect would be Blast, Flash (sight), and Images, both to simply create light and to create complex images.  The most common limitation for the Blast and Flash would be Beam;  but it's not necessary.  RKA is also trivial;  it's a laser.  If the light power is purely to create light, you're pretty much done.  OTOH if it's to control light, you quickly get into Change Environment, Darkness, and even Invisibility (sight).

Lantern:  Images (sight group), AoE 8 meters, 0 END, Only to create light, No range.  20 active, 8 real.

Busted!:  Images (sight group), AoE 8 meters, 0 END, Only to create light.  20 active, 10 real.  This would be great for lighting up a group trying to infiltrate at night.  Also note that this might be done as a somewhat complex Change Environment, where a side effect is to apply a penalty to anyone in the area trying to see out.

Flare Burst:  Flash (sight group), 7d6;  AoE 1m, accurate.  GREAT for long range, you get to target the hex, which is just DCV 3.  

Blast:  10d6 (vs. ED), perhaps using Beam and Reduced Penetration.  With Beam it's sensible to consider Half Range Modifier, since the usual problems with ranged attacks (gravity, wind) aren't a factor.

How to build?  With a light projector, and if you want to keep it simple, go with a Multipower.  With a light manipulator, or for getting a lot trickier, go with a VPP.  I'm guessing you're not that familiar with the system, so I'd strongly suggest the multipower...but you can also see, with the 2 Images powers, where the VPP can be attractive.

11 hours ago, SSJ6Boomer said:

The maximum CP I can reach is 400. 

I’m assuming you mean total character CP. is the an Active Point Cap? Say 60 CP or 75 or something else? Is there any other Caps or limitations? Are you building this a Player or as a GM? The reason there is that sometimes the answers to builds get into GM Permission and if the you ask as a Player and aren’t sure then the answers aren’t as viable because the GM can say no. It just allows the forum to better answer your question. 

Ark is a magic power that uses light particles[5], which is utilized by the Goddess Clan. It can be used in different ways such as forming energy beams, explosions, energy blades, barriers, myriads etc.[6]Highest-ranked goddesses such as the Four Archangels can use Ark on a massive scale.[7]

The target often is enveloped in a dazzling sphere of light that breaks apart their body. It is mostly used to counteracts darkness by disintegrating it, though it also can cause physical damage. It is highly effective against the Demon Clan due to their power of darkness, more neutral yet strong to the other races while being least effective on other goddesses. 

As descendants of the Goddess Clan, the Celestialscan use Ark as well, but at a less powerful level.[8]

What specific ideas would I need to implement to get all this into the power, plus illumination?

My active point cap is 75 for complications. 

1 hour ago, SSJ6Boomer said:

Ark is a magic power that uses light particles[5], which is utilized by the Goddess Clan. It can be used in different ways such as forming energy beams, explosions, energy blades, barriers, myriads etc.[6]Highest-ranked goddesses such as the Four Archangels can use Ark on a massive scale.[7]

The target often is enveloped in a dazzling sphere of light that breaks apart their body. It is mostly used to counteracts darkness by disintegrating it, though it also can cause physical damage. It is highly effective against the Demon Clan due to their power of darkness, more neutral yet strong to the other races while being least effective on other goddesses. 

As descendants of the Goddess Clan, the Celestialscan use Ark as well, but at a less powerful level.[8]

What specific ideas would I need to implement to get all this into the power, plus illumination?

My active point cap is 75 for complications. 

Ok, when I when I referred to Active Point Cap, I’m referring to active Points in the Power not Complications. So say you buy a Blast at 15D6 that’s 75 Pt Active Power. Say you buy Blast at 15D6 and put on the Advantage of Armor Piercing. That’s a +1/4 Advantage and the Active Cost is 94 Act! You could reduce the dice down to 12d6 AP  and you’re at 75 CP Active. Note you can put on limitations to reduce the cost but it doesn’t reduce the ACT PT. So say you throw on gestures (-1/4) (must make ninja symbol) on the 15D6 it costs the character 60 points which the system refers to Real points but it’s still considered 75 Point power when looking at Caps. The 75 points in Complications refers to how many Complication Points a character must choose. Complications are things like Secret ID, Distinctive Feature: Ninjitsu Style, Hinted by other Ninjas, watched by your Clan, etc. Only reason why I blurbed this much is I took by the quotes post that that you confuses Complications from Disadvantages. Apologies if you already knew this.

5 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

Btw ssj6boomer what rule set you using? Champions Complete or full 2 volumes or Basic? Any edition is fine it just helps with the answers.

Apparently using a pirated copy of 6E1, which he decided to post a direct link to 🤨