2021-2022 NFL Thread

Starlord

OK, since the first game's just about to kick...the Magic 8 Ball says.....

Titans over Bengals

Packers over Niners (sigh)

would love to pick the Rams, but I just can't...

let's go with Bills over Chiefs.  Maybe this is an overreaction to how the Bills played on offense last week, but the Chiefs have also been very erratic at times.

Titans-Bengals: Doesn't matter. Whoever wins this game is going to get blown out by the winner of the Kansas City-Buffalo game next week. But I think I'm going to go with Cincinnati.

Packers-49ers: I think San Francisco finds a way to win this game, much like they found a way to beat Dallas last week. Although let's be honest, the Packers are a much better team than the Cowboys. But Green Bay always finds a way to choke in the playoffs.

Rams-Buccaneers: There are faster ways to lose money than by betting against Tom Brady, but not many. Much as I would love to see Von Miller's playoff run extended, I think the Bucs find a way.

Chiefs-Bills: Josh Allen is going to lead his team to a Super Bowl victory. Just not this year. Going with the Chiefs.

If this goes to OT as it's looking to...

This is a game where I'd prefer to kick off to start the OT.  The defenses are largely controlling everything.  Isolated big plays, yeah, but...I think I'd rather have the 2nd possession because at that point, my FG wins the game.

EDIT:  well, that just became rhetorical now...

Clearly one of the stranger games I've seen in some time, with quite a few rather uncommon plays.  More bootlegger turns than a Dukes of Hazzard episode.

Oh lordy, Starlord's gonna be insufferable now, isn't he....

Three picks and playing not to lose with 2:40 left.  EXTREMELY conservative play calling.  Perhaps reasonable at the start, just due to field position, but they stayed super-conservative after getting the first down at the 35.  Still need to get 30 yards, but they ran the ball and let the clock run.  

Overall, I think the Titans lost due to

a)  no confidence in Tannehill

b)  coaching.  The discussion above;  also, IMO, taking the penalty after the first TD to try for 2.  I don't like that.  I'd rather take it on the kickoff;  there's more options.

Hard to say if trying to bring Henry back helped or hurt.

Ah well.  It was a better game.  Unusual...yeah.  Choppy because the defenses were notably better than the offenses...Titans might've been a bit in disarray trying to bring Henry and Jones back, but who knows.  Now it's time to throw another log on the fire in sympathy.  14 degrees at kickoff and it'll only get colder...???  Ewwww...

Too bad I don't have a fireplace....

Huh.  After the 49er meltdown at the end of the 1st half, I figured they were done and switched to the Spanish language station and watched Liga MX.

Don't criticize me for that; it seems the best stuff happens when I'm not watching.