Mr. R

6 hours ago, Asperion said:

You put in sleep,  how about the opposite  -

Darkness 

Some extras  -

Tripping 

Hail of Thorns 

Magic Sense 

Locator (not all need be combat oriented)

Generator (Food/Water/Gas/Etc)

I figured being awake is the opposite of sleep. Darkness tends to be the opposite of light.

No system just ideas that popped into my head as I was thinking what kind of runes to give my future Runemaster.  Even a quick and dirty example .  Plus I am familiar with Palladium's FRPG diabolist and always felt he was too limited.  Like why no heals?  No detects?  Poisons?  Cure Poisons / diseases?  Create Water (I read that one in a novel and went WTF?)  If you can do an alarm, why not a sound damager?  And NO Entangles?  SO I want as many ideas as possible so I can create those whacky runes that could be so much fun.  Like:

Rune of Celebration  Will create a zone around the rune that will keep people in a positive state of celebration for the next five hours.  Mind Control 8d6 AE extended(+1.5) Telepathic (+.25), one emotion only (positive happiness)(-1) 1 Charge with a 5 hour duration (-0.5) and usual rune limitations (like it still takes a few hours to carve into the floor)

• 3 weeks later...

If you can find a copy, the old Arduin Grimoir vol 1 had a character class, Rune Lord or Rune Caster(?) that had a really nice Rune/Spell system.  It has been years and I don't remember the exact details, but the overall idea has stuck.  I think you could mine itfor some great ideas.