Who Were/Are "The Exterminators"

stirling_westrup

I'm currently reading adventure "Invasion of the Gweenies" from Haymaker 17, and it makes several references to "The Exterminators", a group that I have no memory of. A quick look through my 3rd and 4th edition books has turned up nothing, and I've not found any references online. Does anyone remember this group. If its any help, from the context it appears to be a non-powered non-government group of pro-American extremists.

3 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

You should find them in Alien Enemies (4th Edition), if memory serves.  They were a group of four anti-extraterrestrial extremists who went after aliens with plasma throwers.  They were much like the Ghostbusters, only xenophobic and not at all funny.

Not funny in terms of cracking jokes, but they definitely exist for comic relief.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2021 at 6:43 PM, wcw43921 said:

You should find them in Alien Enemies (4th Edition), if memory serves.  They were a group of four anti-extraterrestrial extremists who went after aliens with plasma throwers.  They were much like the Ghostbusters, only xenophobic and not at all funny.

Ah, yes, I remember reading about them and adapting them for ICONS as a team called Ultraforce. I've since adapted them for ICONS as part of the Champions Conversions section that can be located here. They were a xenophobic and trigger-happy team dedicated to protecting the Earth from alien invaders. The Exterminators were armed with powerful but dangerously unreliable weapons and challenged by their lousy aim.

One of my side projects is to adapt them into a 6th Edition version with some subtle character changes that I had incorporated when I converted them for ICONS. They're the following:

Slick - No major change from his original Champions version (Stan Sneiderwind). He's your stereotypical narcissistic, fast-talking conman who's gained success through his smooth-talking and charm. I depict him like Ben Stiller's White Goodman character from the film Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story.

Specs - No major change from his original Champions version (Maxwell Sanders). An intelligent but xenophobically paranoid scientist.

Bruiser - My change is that I made him African American in ethnicity and named him Me'Shell Lister over the original character named Judd. He's still big, strong, and kind of dimwitted but loyal to Slick. I based him off of the character Me'Shell Jones from Ben Stiller's Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story.

Gizmo - My change is that I made him Asian American and named him Dwight Aoki. His skills and role on the team is still the same as his original Champions version, but I portrayed him as a wannabe action hero.

Trekkie - My change is that I made her Latino and named her Silvia Vasquez. Other than that subtle change, she's basically the same as her original Champions version.

Not to be confused with...

The Xterminators, mutants using their powers against destructive termites and other indoor pests "without chemical pesticides."

The Ex-Terminators, reformed assassin robots from the future.

(OK, technically cyborgs and androids, too.)

• 2 weeks later...