The EVILLLL That is... Gentleman Jim?

Hermit

Re: The EVILLLL That is... Gentleman Jim?

I have two Gentleman Jims, though one I have yet to actually use in game.

First is Mordecai from DEMON. Okay, so I'm really just exaggerating his sense of honor to the extreme. A "fair" fight is something debatable, for he'll easily mow down anyone who stands in his way, he'll just give the to opportunity to back down. If they don't back down, he's forced to assume they are opponents who feel they have the skill and/or power to oppose him. He'll also give an opponent a chance to back down once injured, and if an opponent is obviously far less powerful than he is, he usually just leaves them wounded/KOed rather than dead.

The other is El Bandido Verde, a villain I've created just to screw with the minds of my players. He's a lot like Zoro, but acts more like Zoro The Gay Blade mixed with Robin Hood. The players haven't encountered him yet, but I plan to run him like the Robin Hood type that robs from the rich and parties with it. He'll hault a fight to flirt with a female PC (or NPC), he'll make short speaches before dashing out a window, he's always polite and well mannered (although he might insult someone though inuendo) and he always keeps his word.

He is an S.S. officer who was transformed into a cyborg QUOTE]

If you want to play him honourable then you shoud make him just an Wermacht officer or something. The SS was the worst of the worst.

Yeah, you are probably right but he could have been the exception to the rule.

Also I had another honorable brick character called The Privateer. He was more like a gentleman thief character. He would use dirty tricks and all but he wouldn't kill and as such my characters never tried to kill him.

he wouldn't kill and as such my characters never tried to kill him.

I've often used this as a theme in my more Bronze Age campaigns; Metahumans don't kill other Metahumans, because to do so means making enemies of the rest of the Metahuman community.

Kinda falls apart in more "realistic" worlds. ;)

3) Magnus Drake, Earth's most powerful magician. Absolutely polite even as he orders your death for interfering with his plans.

Heh! reading this reminded me of the John Cleese character, Halfdan the Black, in Erik the Viking. Very polite as he sentenced the downtrodden. :)

Also, very funny. I recommend this movie to anyone who has not seen it yet!

Mags

The Gentleman Ghost idea I had (which is probably ripped off, but it's too hot today for me to think straight) had a ghostly gent with a bowler hat he could throw (like Oddjob) and an umbrella that he used Fencing martial arts (along with some hooked cane moves, 1" stretching to grab and pull, etc) and could open up into a "shield" or parachute style device.

Yeah, you are probably right but he could have been the exception to the rule.

:straight:

Gee.. You know what?

If he had been an honorable wermacht officer then he would have been an exception to the rule :yes:

You can not "kinda" tag along with the SS dude, those guys hated half-heartedness even more than they hate Jews.