What would your character do- "Win a date with your character"

Hermit

Originally posted by Kristopher

T'Shenk...is male...

You know, not there's anything wrong with that, it's just that it's not for him...

Adonis, has been female for some of his partners before. He is really just about being in the moment, and enjoying himself.

edit for clairification - Adonis would attempt to morph into a female of T'Shenk's race if it was within his power to do so. His shape shift is limited to still fairly humanoids.

Originally posted by misterdeath

Truly, that is proof there is someone out there for everyone...

D

See, the thing is, it's not me you or lemming have to worry about, it's my wife.

Who is red-haired and not so Irish as Rachel but I bet nonetheless can go toe-to-toe with her!

Unfortunately, though, she'd probably just laugh at this exchange and do me no good whatsoever! :P

My namesake would never go for it. He's a bit socially inept and especially shy and awkward towards the opposite sex. I mean the guy lives in a network of caves outside the city(his hideout/headquarters/baseof of operations/more or less home?). He also might beat the living hoo-ha out of the teammate who suggested it.

Originally posted by caris

Adonis, has been female for some of his partners before. He is really just about being in the moment, and enjoying himself.

edit for clairification - Adonis would attempt to morph into a female of T'Shenk's race if it was within his power to do so. His shape shift is limited to still fairly humanoids.

There is no race. Just him. And it's not really humanoid, except in that he's bipedal and has opposable thumbs.

Opposable thumbs with 4-inch retractable talons.

Originally posted by zornwil

See, the thing is, it's not me you or lemming have to worry about, it's my wife.

Who is red-haired and not so Irish as Rachel but I bet nonetheless can go toe-to-toe with her!

Unfortunately, though, she'd probably just laugh at this exchange and do me no good whatsoever! :P

My condolences to the lady. She sounds nice. Karmic Debt from a past life?

D

Adrenaline would sign up for the date, but it would be very awkard as he wears a battle helmet at all times in his hero id, so the winning girl would have to stare at herself in his mirrored face shield.

Realm would do it after being tricked into. He would be a bit gruff to start off the date, but would soon turn into a wonderful and charming date.

Hecabus would have started the fake charity to raise money to split with the good cause and then fill his coffers a bit more with the rest.

That would depend.

The 18 – 30 year old Argus would at a drop of a Hat. No problem, sign me up.

The 30 – 45 year old Argus, the one with a wife and three kids would have to pass and suggest they asked Avian. He would make sure that the charity in question got a very generous grant from his Robotic Company.

The 45 – 60 year old Argus, Widowed grandfather would have to insist that there be a third person chaperone (photographer maybe) around to ensure that nothing could comeback and bite him later.

A.

Originally posted by Mayday

Sabre could not participate. As an armored hero with a Secret ID and paranoia she'd have to stay in the armor or masked and is over 40 anyway. Not much of a date.

There is nothing wrong with being over 40 and going on a date.

A.

Originally posted by Mayday

Sabre could not participate. As an armored hero with a Secret ID and paranoia she'd have to stay in the armor or masked and is over 40 anyway. Not much of a date.

Originally posted by Argus

There is nothing wrong with being over 40 and going on a date.

True, but she is a cold fish and doesn't really LIKE people. In her youth she fell deeply permanently in love, he was killed and life permanently soured for her. She's bitter, arrogant, unfeeling.

She's not a pretty young thing which I think most bidders would prefer. No plastic surgery, she is too thin and bony, has no chest, no grace. The clothes she wears are power suits. They are tailored to fit but don't suit her, they project the image she wants them to and there is no femininity in them or in her actions or reactions.

She's a neutered human being and it would take someone very special to draw her out. Even being on her best behavior she wouldn't be much fun for the winner, I think.

One of the tough things about this challenge is that our source material draws from a variety of literary traditions including both melodrama (which I am actually referring to in both a good way and a bad way) and romance. Unfortunately, not all of the games that our characters may be in would draw from both. Not all of the campaigns our characters are in will necessarily contain all these elements, nor should they. So if romance is perceived as outside of the character’s current conception, it can be hard to imagine them dating, even for chairity.

Quite, frankly, in a comic book, any of the characters that I’ve heard here be described as no on would want to date, probably would get a romantic interest sooner or later in a comic book. It would pretty much inevitable. Ben Grim has had women interested in him. Nightcrawler for all the angst they gave him over his appearance has had multiple suitors. The serpentine version of Jekka in the rebooted Legion had a romance with Cham. I’m pretty sure the list is fairly endless.

Omega: sure, heck probably helped arrange the event in his secret ID (does charity work). Hopefully won't get mind controlled. :rolleyes: Would try to make the date enjoyable for the winner, and would enjoy the inevitable "shop talk" also.

Cat-man: would go along with it, though not as enthusiastically. Use the opportunity to network.

Frogman: date a superheroine? Sure! Enjoy the event, try to get bids up, enjoy the date. Write up the event in general later for his newspaper based on "sources".

Lei Kung: Dr. Fei wouldn't go along with it in his normal human form, and Lei Kung would not be conducive to the event - with that many superegos in one room, something would happen and large brawl would likely ensue. "What? You would pay more for the company of Defender than that of LEI KUNG, MINISTER OF STORMS?!?"

Ghost: agree wholeheartedly, try to get #'s for as many of the superheroines as possible. If gets picked at auction, enjoy the date, try to make enjoyable for the winner. Try not to reveal that he's still a teenager.