Powered Armor Voltron

Mark Rand

Years ago, Voltron: Defender of the Universe and Voltron: the Tjird Dimension were on television. More recently, a young inventer decided to build a man-sized version of Voltron and join the Avengers.

The suit has the following abilities:

flight

body armor

UV vision

IR vision

sight group flash protection

hearing group flash protection

blazing bow (V3D)

blazing sword

electrosaber (formed, in two parts, on Voltron's back)

electroforce cross

eye beams

lion lariat

spinning laser blades

strength boost

Am I forgetting anything?

Originally posted by JmOz

Life Support

It could shoot it's hands off

I seem to recall some kind of energy missiles coming from the shoulder blades...

Also to keep the Voltron feel, I would let it transform into a more agile/faster but not as tough Lion form

Good points.

Why did I forget life support?

As I recall, the spinning laser blades came from the shoulder blades.

Would the shooting its hands off (its version of the lion head attack) work on a human-sized suit of power armor?

Same question about the transformation to a lion.

I will admit that the transformation would look cool

Guest Major Tom
Originally posted by Champsguy

He's still gonna get his brains beat in by Transor Z. ;)

Only if the GodPhoenix doesn't do its "leave a flaming pile

of wreckage" Move-Through attack on it first...

Major Tom :D

I figured the flying fist attack out last night. Each hand is composed of two gloves. An inner one that is the actual suit glove and an outer glove that can be fired at a foe.

Although the water blast isn't practical, the flame thrower or lion torch, is. The emiters for the blazing sword, lion lariat, lion torchs, and blazing bow (and arrows) are wrist mounted on both hands.

The transformation to or from lion form is workable. However, Voltron can't fly in that form and the only weapons Voltron has are the tail laser and claws and they're only available when Voltron is in lion form. Also, when Voltron is in lion form, the pilot's head faces down and has to watch everything on a monitor. The lion's eyes are video cameras.

The basic idea is to simply take a mech from games, comics or television and use it as the basis for a human-sized suit of powered armor, like Iron Man's or Defenders. I chose the Lion Force Voltron because it's the one I'm most familiar with.

What other mechs would work? What powers would they have besides body armor, flight, life support, high-range radio hearing and sight and hearing group flash protection?