City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Features seem to crossover eventually, but I honestly don't know what their plan is.

On a side note, got my pirate villain a new costume last night. Turns out if I turn him all white, buy him a tattered cape, and turn on his hover power, he looks like every Scooby-Doo villain. (Or the Pirate Ghosts from the South Park KoRn episode.) Now I just need to work on some macros. I'm thinking. "I'd have won if it weren't for those meddling kids!"

From forums:

"Heroes and Villains-

The /cov bug is being removed on test today and should be going to live Thursday morning. Here are the details on what will happen.

The /cov command will be removed from the game. You will no longer be allowed to use this command to change your Icon tailor screen to the opposite game. This is to prevent character corruption as this command was meant for internal use only and was not created for public release...

In Issue 7 the costume creator and tailors will work like they do now if you own just CoV or CoH- however, if you own BOTH you will have access to both sets of costumes for all your characters. NOTE: You must have a combined account to get access to this option."

Is it just me, or is there no way to get a cape in COV?

Am I missing something horribly obvious, or is that costume option missing?

When you hit 20th level, you should contact (call) your very first contact. They'll suddenly have a new mission for you.

I think Auras are gathered similarly (at 30th).

Is there any particular add-on you can get at 40th level? I've never gotten a character there.

JG

You get the fourth costume slot and a free alteration. Maybe two free alterations, I got 2 but I may have had one saved from previous free costumes.

Anyone who wants to see a sample of the AGEIA in action (in another game) can sit through this painfully slow loadeding website then click on the two videos (which are pretty cool): http://physx.ageia.com/footage.html

Near as I can tell, the main manufacturer (ASUS) doesn't even put these add-on PPU units out until May. So I'm guessing the update for I7 "mayhem missions" won't be as cool until these proliferate and you fork over quite a few bucks.

You get the fourth costume slot and a free alteration. Maybe two free alterations' date=' I got 2 but I may have had one saved from previous free costumes.[/quote']

Hmm. I don't remember a free alteration being included over in CoH at level 40. Free alterations seemed to be come with I6 and the holiday mission.

I think lemming is right. Reasons I've gotten a free alteration have been because they inserted santa hats and wanted people to get all christmasy, and because a new issue came out that had major additions to costuming.

Hmm. I don't remember a free alteration being included over in CoH at level 40. Free alterations seemed to be come with I6 and the holiday mission.

The free alteration wasn't from getting level 40 but from completeing the level 40 tailor mission. It was one of those defeat 50 foes mission (crey I think) when I returned he said thanks and here's a free alteration. I had two though, the other one probably came from I6. I used the holiday one right away.

The free alteration wasn't from getting level 40 but from completeing the level 40 tailor mission. It was one of those defeat 50 foes mission (crey I think) when I returned he said thanks and here's a free alteration. I had two though' date=' the other one probably came from I6. I used the holiday one right away.[/quote']

Ok. When ever you hit lvl 20, 30, and 40 you get a tailor mission which when completed, you get a new costume slot. In CoH, you didn't get a free alteration. Interesting that either that is the new thing, or just CoV.

When you hit 20th level, you should contact (call) your very first contact. They'll suddenly have a new mission for you.

I think Auras are gathered similarly (at 30th).

Allright, 4 levels to go. I'm just glad I'm not going blind -- I kept clicking and clicking through costume options, going "There's got to be a cape in here somewhere, right?" Good to know I wasn't just missing it. I feel a little better. :)