City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

I haven't done a whole lot of PVP' date=' but I noticed that now, even as a stalker, I'm somehow visible to heroes. I know villains can spot invisible foes by using Dange Sense, but I wasn't aware heroes had an equivalent. Basically, I was being targeted anytime I was out in the water with the villains. The heroes would fly around and try to avoid the vilains but would sweep in and take a swing at me then keep running.[/quote']

I haven't done any real PvP. Just incidental stuff.

I did read up on why my Stalker, Calico, had heroes running up to her and smacking her when I thought I was hidden. IR goggles. The solution is to do the Patrol in Bloody Bay, get the Hyper-Stealth. Turn that on while hidden and you can walk right up to most heroes. Tactics and some other stuff will still reveal you, but you don't have to worry about being sniped by some blaster.

So far, that's been my recent PvP. Some blaster sniped me, I ran away. Got extra stealthy and snuck up on the blaster who was just sitting on the roof. Even managed to kill him with my Focus knocking him off the roof. :eg:

My main reason for going into the zones are the missions to get the extra XP.

That's good info, Lemming. I'll see if I can figure out which mission will give me that.

Got a new computer and played a bunch last week. Haven't lagged out once. Thing purrs like a kitten.

[Edit: Looks like "Hyper Stealth" is a Temp Power. That would only work for a while, I'm guessing.]

That's good info, Lemming. I'll see if I can figure out which mission will give me that.

Got a new computer and played a bunch last week. Haven't lagged out once. Thing purrs like a kitten.

[Edit: Looks like "Hyper Stealth" is a Temp Power. That would only work for a while, I'm guessing.]

Aww, now I am jealous. What kind of computer did you get?

A Sony Vaio. 2.8ghz, 1gb RAM, 250GB SATA hard drive. Bought it for everything but the video (Never seen an onboard video card that was up to par). Then I added my PCI EXpress card (since it has no AGP slot).

Boots up fast, shuts down fast, loads up CoV game zones fast. And dang is that screen pretty (But then I bought a 19" flat-panel too). Playing the game in 1280x1024 means you've got to be even faster on the click because there's so much more real estate to cover.

I took advantage of a Frys' special (http://www.outpost.com) just a couple of weeks ago, spending $450 to get an AMD 64 3500+ socket 939 with 2GB of PC3200 (400mhz) ram and moboard. Stuck using my Geforce 6200 128mb AGP in it for now, but I can play EQ2 and CoH/CoV at 1600x1200 on my old 19" just fine.

Trick is to set the game to an Above Normal priority in Task Manager, turn off Vsynch and Shadows, and have a ball. :D

Also, I thought I'd test my sanity level... well, at least in relation to you guys.

Am I the only one who roleplays when no one is around?

Example: Teen Anthem gets the mission where you are disguised as a member of the Freakshow. She looks ridiculous of course in her Teen Anthem outfit but with a bunch of metal spikes and a mohawk, but that's part of the charm. So I wander into the Freakshow base where they all ignore me. I walk up and stand in a group of Freakshow and say things like... "So... How about that violence?"

Example: An Archon of the Council says "Audra Blue, I knew you would come." To which I can't resist answering. "Very good. Now how many fingers am I holding up?"

Guest Suleyman Rashid

Also, I thought I'd test my sanity level... well, at least in relation to you guys.

Example: Teen Anthem gets the mission where you are disguised as a member of the Freakshow. She looks ridiculous of course in her Teen Anthem outfit but with a bunch of metal spikes and a mohawk, but that's part of the charm. So I wander into the Freakshow base where they all ignore me. I walk up and stand in a group of Freakshow and say things like... "So... How about that violence?"

Example: An Archon of the Council says "Audra Blue, I knew you would come." To which I can't resist answering. "Very good. Now how many fingers am I holding up?"

I do that sort of thing in public.

Is that what they were giving out for the holidays in CoH? I haven't been in to look around lately. Been mostly in CoV.

I had Kara flying around Steel Canyon with her new festive Jetpack, and I love it! While Kara's fly is much faster than the jetpack, it just looks so neato and makes the coolest sounds! Uses next to no endurance also! :D

Then over to CoV where I saw Karen has the same, and a slightly different badge related to it! As her Fly is just base speed with End Red, hell yes my little Dominatrix of the Damned is using it! :D

When I started out, I thought that you were actually supposed to respond to the citizens whom you rescued. So one of them would say something like, "You're the greatest!" And I would go, "Yes. Yes I am." :D

jg

Looking for advice:

I have no experience with the Leadership pool, and I was wondering if it was worth taking for a Tanker. I don't use Taunt and so in addition to other aggro management techniques I'd like to have something that helps the group through my mere presence.

Is the radius of effect large enough to be worth it for a front-line fighter? Are the buffs worth the slots? Would it stack if someone else also had Leadership?

Is the radius of effect large enough to be worth it for a front-line fighter?

Yes, in my opinion the radius is fine for a front-line fighter. My pirate robot ninja-master has no problem hanging back and aiding his ninjas with Leadership, so I see no reason it shouldn't work the other way.

Are the buffs worth the slots?

Dunno.

Would it stack if someone else also had Leadership?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it does.

Yes, in my opinion the radius is fine for a front-line fighter. My pirate robot ninja-master has no problem hanging back and aiding his ninjas with Leadership, so I see no reason it shouldn't work the other way.

Dunno.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it does.

Oh yeah. I can't help but attempt witicisms. Or in character oaths.

Looking for advice:

I have no experience with the Leadership pool, and I was wondering if it was worth taking for a Tanker. I don't use Taunt and so in addition to other aggro management techniques I'd like to have something that helps the group through my mere presence.

Is the radius of effect large enough to be worth it for a front-line fighter? Are the buffs worth the slots? Would it stack if someone else also had Leadership?

Buffs are aways good, and Yes it stacks. My blaster has it.

Looking for advice:

I had an item from Leadership on my original Scrapper, but dumped it on respec because it was killing my Endurance.

The place where I really like these sorts of items are on the classes that have summoned pets. The fact that you are able to boost them all, plus any teammates you might have on, is a tremendous offset for the Endurance.

And yes, they stack. Currently we have 3 Masterminds in CoV and all of them have at least one of these abilities :thumbup:

I had an item from Leadership on my original Scrapper, but dumped it on respec because it was killing my Endurance.

The place where I really like these sorts of items are on the classes that have summoned pets. The fact that you are able to boost them all, plus any teammates you might have on, is a tremendous offset for the Endurance.

And yes, they stack. Currently we have 3 Masterminds in CoV and all of them have at least one of these abilities :thumbup:

The END costs are a concern, but I have Stamina and I slot an END Red in each of my toggles. So far with Manoeuvers, Invincibility, Unyielding and Temporary Invulnerability all running I can go through two to three mob fights before I need to Rest for END. Hopefully that will improve significantly when I am able to put SO's in Stamina and my END Red slots.

Last night I played on a group of 4 where 3 of us had Manoeuvers stacking. The missions were +4 to me and ranged from +3 to +5 for the rest of the team, and I really noticed the difference in our Defense. Unfortunately I don't notice that difference when I'm the only one with it active.

Well, the scrapper who had it was a regen scrapper AND had the stamina boost, so he was getting back END like mad. But he also left on stealth and two other toggle powers, plus I had Haste jacked up for quick recharge, so I was doing lots of attacks and frequently. At that point I had to drop something that toggled.

Been playing with one friend, a MM, who has the power, and I can't tell if I'm benefiting from it. Mostly because he and his pets all use de-buffs on the enemy. So I'm not sure which thing is helping me hit and damage. But it's all good :)

Last night I played on a group of 4 where 3 of us had Manoeuvers stacking. The missions were +4 to me and ranged from +3 to +5 for the rest of the team, and I really noticed the difference in our Defense. Unfortunately I don't notice that difference when I'm the only one with it active.

So it probably works best with a Defender, or a Mastermind, who are designed to work in teams anyway.

JG