Game Maps and Counters Exchange

etherio

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Game Maps and Counters Exchange

For the DIY folks out there...

They have 0.5" square bases have 1" high "faces", and hence will actually stand less than 1" tall.

EDIT: The Copyright notice is just to stop anyone selling 'em, feel free to distribute them far and wide if they are useful!

Hey Mantis. I don't have a pdf editor/maker, so I use a photo editor to make my standups. Would you be so kind as to post your letter-size template as a .tif or .jpg? It sure would be appreciated. ;)

Hey Mantis. I don't have a pdf editor/maker' date=' so I use a photo editor to make my standups. Would you be so kind as to post your letter-size template as a .tif or .jpg? It sure would be appreciated. ;)[/quote']

I output both A4 and Letter sizes as .tif and zipped them up so I could post them here.

• 2 weeks later...

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away (Please don't sue me George!) I had a geocities (Please don't sue me Yahoo!) site called "Hudson City Map Works". (Still shows up if you Google it) It was my way to get some modern day maps out. Sadly it was prehistoric looking and I ran out of time and effort to do more than 2 maps. Happily I have redone both maps and added a third to the list. I'm not going to put it on the geocities site but post them here. I am also toying with a few more that are in pencil form now and need to be digitized. I have copied these maps out, taken them to a copy store and blown them up to 400x for paper heroes/figures and works great.

Thanks to all of you for this thread. I like to contribute and will start with a video game arcade. It can be placed on any street next to most buildings or in a strip mall. Take out a wall and add to a pizza place for a Chucky Cheese's (Please don't sue me Chucky!).

The next one I have is an Italian resturant. I could be switched to almost any kind of food, but I was inspired by the back story of "Papa" Manetti from "Normals" in fouth edition. This resturant was the scene of at least 6 different Mafia wars in 6 different campaigns.

"When your here, you're always Family" (Please don't sue me Olive Garden!)

And behind door number 3 (Please don't sue me Monty Haul if your still alive!) we have the neighborhood laundromat. I was sitting in one of these on a trip late one night and penciled it. Next game, the local drug gang was using it to sell and launder (lol) their drugs. Played right, the floor will get slippery from busted pipes and detergent.

Enjoy and let me know if if these are a help. Some of the others in pencil form are a jewelry store, bookstore (and occult bookstore), small art gallery, gunstore, martial arts dojo, and vacant lot.

I've seen some great sites listed for buildings and maps and such here but has anyone found some good resources for finding miniatures or displays for scenery and objects during play? I'm thinking things along the line of cars, lamposts, computer banks and other objects. I would think that having objects on the map might help encourage characters to try using the enviroment in the game as well. (If you can see and move the car when you throw it at Grond and such.)

And behind door number 3 (Please don't sue me Monty Haul if your still alive!) we have the neighborhood laundromat. I was sitting in one of these on a trip late one night and penciled it. Next game, the local drug gang was using it to sell and launder (lol) their drugs. Played right, the floor will get slippery from busted pipes and detergent.

Enjoy and let me know if if these are a help. Some of the others in pencil form are a jewelry store, bookstore (and occult bookstore), small art gallery, gunstore, martial arts dojo, and vacant lot.

Wow. Repped. Keep them coming if you got them.

BTW, I could not find your site. Could you post a link?

...has anyone found some good resources for finding miniatures or displays for scenery and objects during play? I'm thinking things along the line of cars' date=' lamposts, computer banks and other objects...[/quote']

There's a product called 'Cityscapes' that I bought a while back on a recommendation from a boards member that has some cool props. The maps it provides on the disc are in grids, so it takes quite a bit of tinkering to make them useful for HERO. The cars, trucks, lampposts, fire hydrants, etc. though are pretty neat. You just scale them a bit down for use with HERO before printing them. I would love to share, but it would be unethical for me to post a for-sale product here. Check 'em out, though...well worth it.

I just want to say how pleased I am that this thread has lasted as long as it has. I'm sure that a lot of campaigns have been enriched by the material everybody's sharing here.

To those of you who have stuff to share but haven't, please do. Anything is welcome. I know, some of these guys are megatalented, and some of us just do what we can, but all contributions are welcome here. Quantity and quality are both appreciated when it comes to gaming props.

...The cars' date=' trucks, lampposts, fire hydrants, etc. though are pretty neat. You just scale them a bit down for use with HERO before printing them...[/quote']

By the way, those props are the 'cut-em-out-and-fold-em-up' variety that are perfect for use with standup minis.

I just want to say how pleased I am that this thread has lasted as long as it has. I'm sure that a lot of campaigns have been enriched by the material everybody's sharing here.

To those of you who have stuff to share but haven't, please do. Anything is welcome. I know, some of these guys are megatalented, and some of us just do what we can, but all contributions are welcome here. Quantity and quality are both appreciated when it comes to gaming props.

Also, I''ll repeat from earlier, still glad to put stuff on my site if anyone wants. I won't take stuff off of this thread without specific permission.

There's a product called 'Cityscapes' that I bought a while back on a recommendation from a boards member that has some cool props. The maps it provides on the disc are in grids' date=' so it takes quite a bit of tinkering to make them useful for HERO. The cars, trucks, lampposts, fire hydrants, etc. though are pretty neat. You just scale them a bit down for use with HERO before printing them. I would love to share, but it would be unethical for me to post a for-sale product here. Check 'em out, though...well worth it.[/quote'] How much do you scale them down?

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen some great sites listed for buildings and maps and such here but has anyone found some good resources for finding miniatures or displays for scenery and objects during play? I'm thinking things along the line of cars' date=' lamposts, computer banks and other objects. I would think that having objects on the map might help encourage characters to try using the enviroment in the game as well. (If you can see and move the car when you throw it at Grond and such.)[/quote']Well, if you want 3-D cars to throw around, then go to the BMW Thailand website where they have paper models of BMWs to download and build. The only trick will be to scale the printing to match the size of the hexgrid you are using.

Your map Evil?

The style is interesting, like the maps for the Serenity in the new Serenity RPG and I was wondering what you were using.

Yeah, the players psychically scouted the base before I'd gotten off my *** to actually generate a map :doi: , so I had to sketch something on the fly and then turn it into a proper map for when they busted in properly.

The mapping software is Dundjinni. Very nice for generating maps - flexible, and the forums provide a lot of additional artwork. I'd definitely recommend it. :thumbup:

http://www.dundjinni.com/