Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

There was also a Baywatch Nights spin-off with an X-Files motif.

Uhm, Mole? Just what the heck is that you're using for an avatar? I can't really make it out!

And you're another Missourian, I see...it's really looking like there's a fair number of us about! And in KC, no less...are you by chance a member of, or even aware of, the KC Role-Players Guild? And the conventions they hold?

Uhm' date=' Mole? Just what the heck [i']is[/i] that you're using for an avatar? I can't really make it out!

And you're another Missourian, I see...it's really looking like there's a fair number of us about! And in KC, no less...are you by chance a member of, or even aware of, the KC Role-Players Guild? And the conventions they hold?

SS beat me to the punch. It is The Cheat of Homestar Runner's fame. I was unaware there was a KC Role-Players Guild. I'm a member of an online guild for Neverwinter Nights, but rarely get a chance to play. Does that count? :)

Re: Another topic to discuss: The First NGD thread

I'm not a big fan of spin-offs. Off hand, I can only think of one that worked (Frasier), and that was completely different from the original series. There may be another, but I can't think of it.

Specific to Joey, though, I think this is a bad idea. A large part of his appeal is the relationship and banter with the other characters, especially Chandler. I wouldn't mind if they proved me wrong, though. If they concentrate on his acting career, I might actually be interested. His funniest bit ever was in one of his terrible productions. "...That's why I'm getting on this spaceship." Ahh, bad theatre. Thank god I've never been in a bad play... :whistle:

I like Joey as a character on Friends BUT, I doubt a spin off with with just him would last even a season.

T.

I wanted to do something squirrel related for a bit. I'll find something more interesting later that I'm sure your tastes will appreciate. :angel:

I thought of you on saturday SS. I was in a gun shop in Reno and they had this taxidermied squirrel with an orange safety vest, holding a rifle. I know it doesn't sound appealing BUT, I thought it would make a good avatar.

I thought of you on saturday SS. I was in a gun shop in Reno and they had this taxidermied squirrel with an orange safety vest' date=' holding a rifle. I know it doesn't sound appealing BUT, I thought it would make a good avatar.[/quote']

The idea sounds interesting, that is for sure.

SS beat me to the punch. It is The Cheat of Homestar Runner's fame. I was unaware there was a KC Role-Players Guild. I'm a member of an online guild for Neverwinter Nights' date=' but rarely get a chance to play. Does that count? :)[/quote']

Well, I guess I'm sorta behind the times, then, because I don't even know what Homestar Runner is, let alone The Cheat. :)

If you're interested in face-to-face RPGs, and are looking for games or groups in the KC area, check out

http://www.rpgkc.org/who.html

We also have a forum here:

http://www.rpgkc.org/phpBB2/

If you decide to attend, maybe I'll meet you at the convention in November. :)

Well, I guess I'm sorta behind the times, then, because I don't even know what Homestar Runner is, let alone The Cheat. :)

If you're interested in face-to-face RPGs, and are looking for games or groups in the KC area, check out

http://www.rpgkc.org/who.html

We also have a forum here:

http://www.rpgkc.org/phpBB2/

If you decide to attend, maybe I'll meet you at the convention in November. :)

Thanks for the info Dr. A!

Go to: http://www.homestarrunner.com/ go into the Emails section. Watch the classic "Trevor the Vampire" after that' date=' you will be hooked.[/quote']

You can find The Cheat's origin story under "Flashback"

And for more The Cheat humor, check out "Privileges"

It's super funny.

And who can forget "Happy Days" and the ever-lovable "Joanie Loves Chachi"?

"Highlander" had a spinoff I never watched...

"Cosby" had a spinoff for Lisa Bonet, but she left and that other chick took over, and I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

"Happy Days" also had "Laverne & Shirley" and "Mork & Mindy".

"Highlander" spun off "Raven".

I think the Cosby spin off was "A Different Life." Or something like that.

"Different Strokes" spun off "Facts of Life".

I'm starting to scare myself. lol

And just to do a spinoff on the spinoff thread, the infamous "jump the shark" website can be found at:

http://www.jumptheshark.com/

And if you're wondering what "jump the shark" means, it's that defining moment in a TV series when everything after that is just downhill. The phrase is coined from the episode of "Happy Days" when Fonzie literally jumped a shark. The sight has votes on just about every TV show. It's a chuckle-worthy place to visit.

Personally, I'm getting tired of that expression.

Doc

I actually am, too, but after Tina posted the link to a page full of crossover/spinoff info, I figured I'd see about taking the TV talk in another direction.

It's a strange and distracting day at work, and that was the best I could do on short notice. :venus:

Ben, I think it is time to take down the civil sticky and maybe put something up about reputation. These two or three whiners who are all upset because they aren't showing up on Page 1 of Top Reputation are starting to get on my nerves. :mad:

Ben' date=' I think it is time to take down the civil sticky and maybe put something up about reputation. These two or three whiners who are all upset because they aren't showing up on Page 1 of Top Reputation are starting to get on my nerves. :mad:[/quote']

I have not been whining because I..

Oh, wait, nevermind, I am on Page 1. :)

Doc